Other Sellers on Amazon
& FREE Delivery. Details
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Power of Vulnerability: Teachings on Authenticity, Connection and Courage: Teachings on Authenticity, Connection, & Courage Loose Leaf – CD, 2 January 2013
|New from||Used from|
Loose Leaf, Audiobook, CD, Unabridged
Enhance your purchase
- Cultivating shame resilience the key to developing a sense of worth and belonging
- Vulnerability as the origin point for innovation, adaptability, accountability, and visionary leadership
- Our emotional armory how we use perfectionism, numbing, and other tactics to avoid feeling vulnerable
- The myths of vulnerability common misconceptions about weakness, trust, and self-sufficiency
- Discovering your vulnerability armor recognizing what makes us shut down, and how we can change
- The 10 guideposts of wholehearted living essential skills for becoming fully engaged in life
- Six hours of stories, warm humor, and transformative insights for living a life of courage, authenticity, and compassion from Dr. Brene Brown
- Recognize emotional armory and recognizing what makes us shut down how we use perfectionism, numbing, and other tactics to avoid feeling vulnerable
- Discussing the cultivation of shame resilience--the key to developing a sense of worth and belonging
- Discussing the myths of vulnerability common misconceptions about weakness, trust, and self-sufficiency
- Defining vulnerability as the origin point for innovation, adaptability, accountability, and visionary leadership
- Summarizing the 10 guideposts of wholehearted living essential skills for living a life of courage, authenticity, and compassion
Frequently bought together
About the Author
Brené Brown, PhD, LMSW is a research professor at the University of Houston's Graduate College of Social Work who has spent the past 10 years studying vulnerability, courage, authenticity, and shame. She is a nationally renowned speaker and has won numerous teaching awards, including the college's Outstanding Faculty Award. Her groundbreaking work has been featured on PBS, NPR, and CNN. Her 2010 TEDxHouston talk on the power of vulnerability is one of most watched talks on TED.com. Her most recent TED talk, Listening to Shame, was released in March 2012.Brené is the author of The Gifts of Imperfection and I Thought It Was Just Me (but it isn't). She is also the author of Connections, a psychoeducational shame resilience curriculum that is being facilitated across the nation by mental health and addiction professionals. Brené's current research focuses on wholeheartedness in families, schools, and organizations. She lives in Houston with her husband and their two young children.
- Publisher : Sounds True; Unabridged edition (2 January 2013)
- Language : English
- ISBN-10 : 1604078588
- ISBN-13 : 978-1604078589
- Dimensions : 16.89 x 2.57 x 16.38 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 185,178 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
This has to be one of the best CDs that I have listened to in years and I listen up to two hours a day travelling to and from work. I have and will recommend this to a number of my patients.