Descartes famously said “I think, therefore I am.”
Today’s mantra is “I’m overloaded and anxious.”
In their new book, “The Power of Agency”, Drs.
Napper and Rao unpack those two conditions
with which I am uncomfortably familiar…..even though
I’m retired, a widow, and have no children living
at home. This is a very embarrassing admission.
The word “Agency” jumped out at me and I thought okay
just another buzz word and yet another self-help book.
However their instructions in the Preface intrigued me:
1. You are under no obligation to read this book.
2. Should you decide to read on, you are under no
obligation to finish.
3. Should you finish, you are under no obligation to
adopt all seven principles we recommend.
So of course I took that as a challenge, read every page and
suggest you do too. The essential message is “You are in control”.
Something we’ve all heard before but the authors make their
case in a very accessible way.
“The 7 Principles to Conquer Obstacles, Make Effective Decisions
and Create a Life on Your Own Terms” is based upon their clinical experience
and psychological research. The book is a fresh guide for anyone who wants
to get off the dreaded “treadmill”.
- Paperback: 326 pages
- Publisher: MACMILLAN USA INTERNATIONAL ED (19 March 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1250225639
- ISBN-13: 978-1250225634
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 3 x 23.1 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 376 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 3,581 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)