|Compatible Devices||Personal Computer|
|Data Transfer Rate||5 Gigabits Per Second|
|Includes Rechargable Battery||No|
|Remote Control Included?||No|
|Product Dimensions||20.32 x 3.81 x 16 cm; 181.44 Grams|
|Item Weight||181 g|
|Item Model Number||USB3-TRAN|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Date First Available||21 May 2018|
Plugable USB 3.0 Transfer Cable, Unlimited Use, Transfer Data Between 2 Windows PC's, Compatible with Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Bravura Easy Computer Sync Software Included
Enhance your purchase
|Compatible Devices||Personal Computer|
|Data Transfer Rate||5 Gigabits Per Second|
About this item
- FAST USB 3.0 SPEED - Transfer files and folders when upgrading from one Windows 11, 10, 8.x, 7, Vista, or XP computer to a newer one. Up to 3x faster than USB 2.0 if both computers support USB 3.0. Works in USB 2.0 ports at USB 2.0 speeds. Both 32- and 64-bit Windows versions are supported. Not compatible with Windows S Mode, Windows Server editions
- INCLUDES SOFTWARE - A unique 16 character Product Key for Bravura Easy Computer Sync software is attached to the cable ($19.95 value). This software allows you to transfer your important files such as documents, music, pictures, videos and other data files
- NO NETWORK NEEDED - No size limits, and simpler than transfers by disk. Both PCs involved in the transfer must be fully functional, and have attached displays
- CUSTOM SYNCING - Supports custom file and folder syncing between two supported Windows computers, including drag and drop transfers. Does not transfer programs; they must be reinstalled from the original disks or downloaded files
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Transfer files between nearby Windows PCs faster with plug-and-play ease, and point-to-point simplicity and security. The Plugable USB 3.0 Windows Transfer Cable works up to three times faster that Plugable's USB 2.0 cable if both computers have USB 3.0 ports. It is great for transferring files and folders when upgrading from an older Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, or XP computer to a newer one, or for transferring data between two folders on a ongoing basis. (Note: Programs will not be transferred. They must be re-installed from the original disk or downloaded file.)
- Faster than OneDrive transfers, more simple than setting up a peer-to-peer network connection. Unlike USB drives, no limit on transfer size
- 6-foot (2-meter) cable. Standard USB 3.0 High Speed “Type A” on both ends. Uses the new Prolific PL_27A1 chipset
All needed drivers for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, and XP are included in the Bravura software. No support for Mac. Compatible with active and passive USB extenders like the Plugable USB 2.0 and 3.0 10 meter extension cable (not included) for greater distances between PCs. Not compatible with ARM-based Windows (MS Surface RT). Not Compatible with Windows 10 S Mode.
A product key is included Bravura Easy Computer Sync software (19.95 retail value), and can be found on a tag attached to the cable. The product key is a 16-character alphanumeric code that can be used for any number of computers.The transfer software must be run on each computers connected by the cable, and the same license will work for both of them. Plugable's website contains step-by-step instructions outlining the transfer process that many will find helpful.
The software works great for transferring files and folders when upgrading from an older Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, or XP computer to a newer one, or for transferring data between two folders on a ongoing basis. (Note: Programs will not be transferred. They must be re-installed from the original disk or downloaded file.)
In the Box
Six-foot (2-meter) USB 3.0 Easy Transfer Cable and quick installation guide. All software and drivers are available via download (CD included for convenience if needed). A product key for the Bravura Easy Computer Sync software is included with the Windows Transfer Cable, located on a tag attached to the cable.
Please note that our Seattle-based support team is happy to answer questions via email. We are posting answers to some of our most commonly received questions below.
The Bravura Easy Computer Sync software is asking me for a license key. Where do I find my license key?
Your license key is located on a tag attached to the Windows Transfer Cable. The license key is a 16-character alphanumeric code that can be used for any number of computers.
Windows Transfer Cables purchased before 12/01/2017 do not have the product key attached to the cable. Customers who purchased their cable before 12/01/2017 should have received an email containing their product key.
I purchased the cable from a local PC shop, ebay, or "Amazon Warehouse Deals". How do I get my key? The key is uniquely tied to the original Amazon Order ID number of the purchase, so whomever originally purchased the cable was sent the product key before they resold the cable. If the cable is purchased used, from a third party seller, or on a site other than Amazon, we are unable to provide a product key. The transfer cable must be purchased new directly from Plugable on Amazon to receive this license key. Does each computer need a monitor, keyboard, and mouse attached? Yes, each PC will need a monitor, keyboard, and mouse so that you can launch and operate the transfer program. Is the Plugable Easy Transfer Cable compatible with Mac OSX?
No, this cable is not compatible with any Mac OSX. It's compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, or XP computer to a newer one. 32- and 64-bit versions are supported. How long will it take to complete the transfer? Transfer time varies with the speed of the old “source” system (and hard drive in particular). The amount of data to be transferred will also affect transfer times, so some systems will transfer in minutes while others will take hours.
Should I install the software before plugging in the cable, or the other way around?
We recommend installing the transfer software first because it will copy the necessary driver files to your PC so they are ready to load when the cable is attached.
Is there a specific USB port that I should connect the cable to on either system?
In most cases, connecting to any available USB port will be fine, although using a USB 3.0 port on each computer will allow maximum speed. In situations where the transfer software cannot establish a connection between the two PCs, or is losing the connection mid-transfer, attaching the cable to a different port is a good troubleshooting step. On older PCs especially, we’ve found that trying the cable in another port (preferably on the rear of the computer) can help resolve various issues.
I’ve installed the Bravura Easy Computer Sync software on both systems, and instead of starting the transfer process both systems say “Waiting for Connection” indefinitely. What’s going on, and how can I get the connection to work?
Any of the following issues can result in the above behavior:
- Certain antivirus/firewall/security software can block the connection between the two PCs. When a connection cannot be established, temporarily disabling any such software on both systems is often the solution.
- If there are multiple versions of transfer software open at once, they can interfere with each other. For example, sometimes Windows will automatically launch the “Windows Easy Transfer” software when a transfer cable is plugged in, even though the Bravura Easy Computer Sync software will be used for the transfer. Please to make sure that only one transfer program is open on each system.
- If the drivers for the transfer cable have not been successfully installed on either of the two PCs, a connection between them will not be established. Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 should install the drivers automatically. XP and Vista systems need a driver installed which is included with the Bravura transfer software. If there are any errors with driver installation when plugging in the cable, please write them down exactly as these error messages can be helpful while troubleshooting the issue via email.
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Windows 10 v2004.
Windows 7 x32 & x64
Windows Vista x32
Free transfer software from Plugable's website easy to use. TRANSFERS FILES ONLY. Does not transfer any programs, settings, emails, registry settings, system files etc...
Top reviews from other countries
Now, I wanted to copy all my files from my old Win7 computer to a new Win 10 machine. I used this cable, the software and the drag-&-drop method.
It was easy and worked perfectly.
The cable itself seems well made and has a good quality feel. The software came on a mini CD so I merely downloaded it directly to each laptop from the Plugable website, using the URL given in the instructions that came with the cable.
The software installed and opened on each laptop with no difficulty, and copying the large numbers of files I wanted was straightforward and efficient.
On my old machine I had a C: partition for my software and an E: partition for my files. The online instructions for the software suggested that using the automated option to copy my files across might put my old E: drive into the C: drive of my new computer. I did not test that, I was in a hurry, so I just used drag-and-drop, having created C: and E: partitians on my new laptop (using EasUS Partition master, a great piece of software that I have been using for a few years).
It follows standard windows features, in that you can select multiple folders at once and then drag and drop.
The interface was straightforward and I am very happy.
All completed by synching, as recommended.
"Donor" PC is fine but the PC intended for the copy will now not boot.
No operating system detected. Therefore, this thing has wiped it's hard drive! Not amused at all.
At least I have bootable u.s.b. with Win 10 on it to use and start from scratch.
Create a folder on your desktop.
Place files into the folder that you want to transfer over to the other laptop.
Once that's done. Cut and Paste folder to you C drive. Lovely job.
Now install SOFTWARE - not forgetting to ALSO install the SOFTWARE onto the laptop you intend to transfer the folder onto.
Restart both laptops. Click on desktop software icons on BOTH machines so as to commence software start up.
Connect the cable between laptops.
Find your folder on the C drive containing the files you want to transfer over to and send.
Sorted. No drama.