|Number Of Items||1|
|Number of Ports||2|
|Includes Rechargable Battery||No|
|Has Programmable Buttons||No|
|Product Dimensions||3.81 x 21.59 x 14.6 cm; 226.8 Grams|
|Item Weight||227 g|
|Item Model Number||TBT3-HDMI2X-83|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Date First Available||13 April 2018|
Plugable Thunderbolt 3 to Dual HDMI 2.0 Display Adapter Compatible with MacBook Pro Systems (2019/2018/2017), and Dell XPS. Project or Stream to Up to 2X 4K 60Hz Monitors (Thunderbolt 3 Certified)
Enhance your purchase
|Connector type||USB, HDMI|
|Number of ports||2|
About this item
- TWO 4K DISPLAYS- Add two HDMI displays at resolutions up to 4K@60Hz to your Thunderbolt 3 Apple Mac (MacBook Pro Late 2016/2017/2018 & iMac 2017) at full native GPU performance. Supports popular display modes such as 3840x2160@60Hz (4K) / 3440x1440 / 2560x1600 / 2560x1440 / 2560x1080 / 1920x1080 (1080P) and more
- WINDOWS COMPATIBILITY - Compatible with select Windows Thunderbolt 3 systems like the Dell XPS 9350 / 9360 / 9550 / 9560 / 9570 & Precision 5510 / 5520 / 7710 / 7720. Not all Windows Thunderbolt 3 systems support dual video output, please see important compatibility details below or visit plugable.com/tbt3-hdmi2x-83 for important additional compatibility information prior to purchase.
- APPLE COMPATIBILITY - Requires a Thunderbolt 3 Apple Mac or a compatible Windows Thunderbolt 3 system. Please note 13" Thunderbolt 3 MBP systems with the Intel-only graphics configuration support a maximum of 2 total external displays. USB-C only systems not supported.
- NOTES- Video output ports are HDMI, not DisplayPort. If DisplayPort outputs are required, please search for TBT3-DP2X-83
- PEACE OF MIND - We love our Plugable products and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 1-year limited parts and labor warranty and Seattle-based email support
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Plugable's Thunderbolt 3 to Dual HDMI Display Adapter
Leveraging 40Gbps of bandwidth made possible by Intel's Thunderbolt 3 technology, Plugable's Thunderbolt 3 Dual HDMI Display Adapter (TBT3-HDMI2X-83) enables content creators and power users to connect two additional displays to their Thunderbolt 3 enabled laptop with uncompromising graphics performance. The adapter housing is made from sleek, lightweight aluminum allowing for easy expansion of your Thunderbolt 3 laptop or tablet on-the-go.
Not all Thunderbolt 3 systems are compatible with dual display graphics adapters. See important details regarding system compatibility in the section below.
Dual Video Outputs From a Single Thunderbolt 3 Display Adapter
Thunderbolt 3-attached displays tap directly into the power of your system's graphics processor to enable high-performance, low-latency output without utilizing additional system resources.
Supports two HDMI displays up to 4096x2160 @ 60Hz (4K/UHD). Backward compatible with 1920x1080 (1080p) displays as well.
Thunderbolt 3 is a powerful technology, and system manufacturers have substantial discretion in how they implement various Thunderbolt 3 technical elements and features. As a result, compatibility information is complex and some currently available Thunderbolt 3 systems aren't compatible with our dual graphics adapters.
To work as expected with our Dual HDMI Adapter, the host Thunderbolt 3-enabled system must meet the following requirements:
- The system manufacturer must have physically routed two DisplayPort video output lanes to a single Thunderbolt 3 port. Thunderbolt 3 systems from Apple and Dell meet this requirement, the specifications for Thunderbolt 3 systems from other manufacturers may vary
- Current Thunderbolt 3 host firmware ("NVM") from the system manufacturer must be applied to the system
- Requires updated system UEFI BIOS, Thunderbolt 3 drivers, and graphics processing unit (GPU) drivers from system manufacturer
- Please note this adapter connects to monitors using the HDMI standard, which is different from DisplayPort. A separate DisplayPort version of the adapter is available if connectivity to DisplayPort displays is needed
Please refer to the attached Specification Sheet for additional compatibility information.
Example Compatible Systems
The following systems are fully compatible with our Thunderbolt 3 Dual HDMI Display Adapter (TBT3-HDMI2X-83):
- Apple MacBook Pro 2016/2017/2018/2019 and Apple MacBook Air 2018/2019/2020
- Dell XPS 13 9350, XPS 13 9360, XPS 13 9730, XPS 13 9380
- Dell XPS 15 9550, Dell XPS 15 9560, Dell XPS 15 9570
- Intel NUC models NUC8i7HNK, NUC8i7HVK
- Intel NUC models NUC9VXQNX, NUC9V7QNX,NUC9i9QNX, NUC9i7QNX, NUC9i5QNX
- Systems from other Windows laptop manufacturers may be compatible, but may not support dual displays (please see more detail below)
Incompatible Systems Which Only Support a Single Video Output
Systems with a single DisplayPort lane routed to the Thunderbolt 3 port are not updatable to support two displays; they will always only support a single video output over Thunderbolt 3. As such, we do not suggest they be used with our Thunderbolt 3 dual graphics adapters. Example Thunderbolt 3 systems that only support one display:
- Intel NUC models NUC10i7FN, NUC10i5FN, NUC10i3FN
- Intel NUC models NUC8v7PN, NUC8v5PN, NUCi3PN
- Intel NUC models NUC8i3BEH, NUC8i3BEK, NUC8i5BEH, NUC8i5BEK, NUC8i7BEH, NUC8i7BEK
- Intel NUC models NUC7i5BNH, NUC7i5BNK, NUC7i7BNH
- Intel NUC model NUC6i7KYK
Host System Requirements
Windows 10, 8.1, and 7 systems with Thunderbolt 3 support built-in. Apple systems running macOS 10.12 or later with Thunderbolt 3 support built-in.
Adapter will not function if attached to a non-Thunderbolt 3 capable USB-C port. Thunderbolt 3 port required for operation.
Usage With Non-HDMI Displays (DP/DVI/VGA)
Conversion to single-link DVI can be done using a HDMI to DVI cable (Dual Link DVI is not supported). If DisplayPort connectivity is required, please use our TBT3-DP2X-83 adapter. Conversion to VGA not supported.
Dimensions and Compatibility
Supports virtually any resolution between 720p and 4K, including the following:
In the Box
1x Plugable TBT3-HDMI2X-83 w/ built-in 10in (25cm) Thunderbolt 3 USB-C cable and quick-install guide.
Review this product
Top review from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
Reviewed in Canada on 27 April 2019
En l'occurence pour moi, le fonctionnement du produit s'est avéré parfait avec mon Yoga 920 qui, grâce à l'adaptateur, est maintenant capable d'étendre ou de dupliquer son affichage sur 2 moniteurs 4K supplémentaires en 60Hz.
Le seul bémol est lors d'un hot plug de l'adaptateur sur mon laptop, un seul moniteur accepte l'affichage.Je dois débrancher/rebrancher le HDMI du deuxième écran pour qu'il affiche également. Mais bon je n'ai pas essayé de trouver une autre solution encore... Si vos écrans le permettent, optez pour le même adaptateur mais en sortie DisplayPort, je pense que ça ira encore mieux.