The Plugable DP-HDMI active adapter allows you to connect your DisplayPort-enabled computer or tablet to virtually any HDMI display. As more and more system manufacturers such as Microsoft, Intel, Dell, and Lenovo include DispalyPort outputs on their systems, Plugable’s active adapters enable you to continue to utilize your existing HDMI displays while minimizing potential compatibility issues that can be caused by low-cost, low-quality “passive” adapters.
Our active DisplayPort to HDMI adapter is capable of supporting up to a 594MHz pixel clock and allows resolutions up to 3840×2160@60Hz (4K). (Most inexpensive “passive” adapters on the market, also known as “level-shifters” or “Type 1" adapters, have a maximum resolution of 1920×1200.) Supports pass-through of LPCM/HBR audio up to 8-channels and 192kHz sample rate.
The adapter has passed the extensive testing requirements necessary for VESA certification, and is compliant with VESA Dual-Mode DisplayPort 1.2, High Bit Rate 2 (HBR2), and HDMI 2.0 standards. The adapter is also AMD Eyefinity and Nvidia compatible.
- Active adapter enables you to connect a DisplayPort video output from your laptop, desktop, or tablet PC to HDMI-equiped displays, TVs, and projectors
- Supports resolutions up to 3840×2160 (4k) Ultra-HD@60Hz. 1080p displays supported at 120Hz
- VESA (DisplayPort) certified to ensure maximum compatibility and performance
- Compliant with VESA Dual-Mode DisplayPort 1.2, High Bit Rate 2 (HBR2), and HDMI 2.0 standards
- Compatible with the Plugable UGA-4KDP USB 3.0 DisplayPort graphics adapter
- AMD Eyefinity compatible for 3+ displays
- Supports 8-channel LPCM and HBR audio up to 192kHz sample rate
- Complies with HDCP content protection
- Requires no driver installation or external power supply
The Plugable active DisplayPort to HDMI adapters should work with virtually any DisplayPort-enabled host and HDMI display, regardless of which operating system is in use. Though please note that system will require functional graphics drivers as normal.
Available resolution options will be determined by the specifications and abilities of your computer/graphics adapter and attached display. I.e.; if the graphics adapter in your system is only capable of outputting a maximum of 1080P to an external display, the Plugable active adapters will not allow you to exceed this limitation, regardless of the specifications of the attached monitor.
Will convert from DisplayPort on computer to HDMI on monitor only. Not a bi-directional adapter, and not compatible with gaming consoles, DVD/Blu-ray players or USB ports.
HDMI connector fit may vary. Using too much force at insertion or removal can damage connectors. This can be a big deal if it's an expensive device like a Virtual Reality/Mixed Reality headset with non-removable cables. So be gentle, and if you have any questions about a particular connection please contact our support team.