Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ $7.11 delivery
Play at the Center of the Curriculum Paperback – 9 May 2006
|New from||Used from|
Enhance your purchase
- Publisher : Pearson; 4th edition (9 May 2006)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 464 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0131720821
- ISBN-13 : 978-0131720824
- Dimensions : 19.69 x 2.54 x 23.5 cm
- Customer Reviews:
From the Back Cover
Because play is children’s work, this text emphasizes the value of play to young children’s development and focuses on how content areas in the curriculum can support play. In addition, the text has strong coverage of the teacher’s role in orchestrating and interacting with children during play, and play as a tool for assessment.
New to This Edition:
- A more explicit focus on how a play-centered curriculum addresses curriculum standards and benchmarks (Ch. 6-11).
- More discussions, examples, and research that demonstrate how a play-centered curriculum can be inclusive, inviting programs for children and families from ALL cultural backgrounds, including children who are English language learners.
- Each chapter has a more thorough discussion of serving children with special needs (new references and classroom anecdotes).
- A fuller acknowledgment of the importance of emotions in the lives of children, both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Ch. 12, Play, Toys, Technology, includes an expanded discussion of the developmentally appropriate use of technology, the Internet, speech-to-text, digital cameras, and the impact of toy marketing and media.