- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd; 1 edition (29 June 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1405932635
- ISBN-13: 978-1405932639
- Product Dimensions: 12.9 x 2.4 x 19.8 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 308 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 17,317 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
+ $5.63 delivery
The Pioppi Diet Paperback – 3 Jul 2017
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
I am obsessed with The Pioppi Diet . . . I feel leaner, energised, definitely less bloated and more healthy. I genuinely feel like this is no longer a diet plan, it's just the way I eat (Sara Cox)
Eat your way to a healthy heart . . . I recommend Dr Malhotra's The Pioppi Diet, which examines the lifestyle of the Pioppi people in Italy who live long and healthy lives (Sarah Stacey Mail on Sunday)
The Pioppi Diet caused a storm in the health world . . . we even dubbed it the only diet book you'll ever need, thanks to its common-sense advice and myth busting approach (Get the Gloss)
This year's hottest diet plan (Prima)
This is not just a diet book; it's a healthcare manifesto (British Journal of General Practice)
A must-read for everyone, but especially for GPs who can make the most impact as they provide diet and lifestyle advice daily (The Pulse)
The real secret of the Med . . . Be prepared for everything you believe to be true about nutrition to be turned on its head. (The Daily Telegraph)
A myth-free guide to a healthier lifestyle (Eastern Eye)
Finally - a simple, science-backed guide to exactly what we should be putting on our plates for a long and healthy life (Get the Gloss)
From the Publisher
The Pioppi Diet
A 21-Day Lifestyle Plan
The easy 21-day plan for a happier, healthier and longer life.
We are not being given the truth about our health.
We're told to avoid saturated fats, we're marketed health food that is laden with sugar and we're encouraged to pound out miles at the gym. However, our chances of getting obese are increasing - raising our risk of Type-2 diabetes, cancer, dementia and heart disease.
Yet in the tiny Italian village of Pioppi, life is as simple as it is long and healthy. There is no gym, no supermarket, the food is delicious and they enjoy a glass of wine every evening.
Cardiologist Dr Aseem Malhotra - a obesity expert and Britain's anti-sugar campaigner - and acclaimed filmmaker Donal O'Neill combine the wisdom of this remarkably long lived population with decades of nutrition and medical research to cut through long-standing dietary myths and create this easy-to-follow lifestyle plan.
This isn't a diet or lifestyle which requires saying 'no' to the things you love, or exercising for hours upon end. In just three weeks, The Pioppi Diet will help you make simple, achievable and long-lasting changes to how you eat, sleep and move - changes that all of us, no matter how busy we are, can make.
Dr Aseem Malhotra
Described as an inspiration by Jamie Oliver, internationally renowned Consultant Cardiologist Dr Aseem Malhotra has become one of the most influential and well-known health campaigners in the UK. He writes regularly in academic medical journals and print newspapers such as the Guardian, Telegraph and Daily Mail and is regularly seen on broadcast media in his campaign against sugar and highlighting the harms of too much medicine.
Dr Malhotra has been named alongside anti-obesity activists such as Michael Bloomberg and Michelle Obama and a few months ago he was featured in the New York Times on his co-production documentary film The Big Fat Fix which in July premiered in British parliament and was also subsequently screened in the European Parliament. He is also Cardiologist advisor to the UK's National Obesity Forum.
The Pioppi Diet is his first book.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Pioppi Diet also includes clear, simple explanations of key biological processes involved in health and metabolism.
The section on reducing stress is the best thing that I've read on that general topic.
I'll be giving several copies as gifts, because it's an excellent resource.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Regional & International > European > Mediterranean
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Diet > Heart Healthy
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Diet > Low Cholesterol
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Diet > Low Fat
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Diet > Weight Loss
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Vegetarian & Vegan > Vegan
- Books > Health, Fitness & Nutrition > Ageing > Longevity
- Books > Health, Fitness & Nutrition > Children's Health > Vaccinations & Immunisations
- Books > Health, Fitness & Nutrition > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Diabetes
- Books > Health, Fitness & Nutrition > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Low Fat
- Books > Health, Fitness & Nutrition > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Loss
- Books > Health, Fitness & Nutrition > Diets & Weight Loss > Nutrition
- Books > Health, Fitness & Nutrition > Diseases & Physical Ailments > Diabetes
- Books > Health, Fitness & Nutrition > Diseases & Physical Ailments > Heart Disease
- Books > Health, Fitness & Nutrition > Men's Health
- Books > Health, Fitness & Nutrition > Women's Health
- Books > Medicine & Nursing > Medicine > Preventive Medicine
- Books > Textbooks & Study Guides