This book is beautiful. However, the hat is knitted with no intention behind it (and even used as a foot warmer by the first owner). Then, it goes from owner to owner due to a series of mishaps, with most people just finding it and thinking it looks like a fun toy. Then, the girl at the end saves it from a dog, cleans it, and puts it on just to look cute—and just HAPPENS to run into the women’s march.
For me, I want my child to read stories about strong women standing up for what they believe in, not kids who find hats and wander into a movement with no agency or intentionality at all. It’s a disgrace to the women’s march, which was not an accidental convergence of strangers who just wandered there but a well-organized movement full of people uniting to advocate for change.
- Hardcover: 32 pages
- Publisher: CHILDRENS ORIGINAL - TRADE (15 January 2018)
- ISBN-10: 0143789368
- ISBN-13: 978-0143789369
- Product Dimensions: 23.4 x 1.2 x 25.9 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 381 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 380,195 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)