I have been taking Pilates in a studio for nearly 6 years and love it. My children are 6 and 8 and I thought they might enjoy doing some matwork to improve their core stability.
This was just the book I was looking for. Being a layperson, there was just the right amount of child physiology/anatomy development information to help me understand why some modifications would be more appropriate for developing bodies.
I read through the whole book in about 2 hours. The book has a section directed at instructors who want to offer this as a program in more of a school setting, so for me not as relevant, but the 85% remaining of the book was helpful.
The writing was good; clear and with just enough background and detail without being too textbooky.
- Paperback: 192 pages
- Publisher: Handspring Publishing Limited; 1 edition (22 April 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1909141127
- ISBN-13: 978-1909141124
- Product Dimensions: 19 x 1.9 x 24.8 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 454 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 53,524 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)