This novel is rich in originality, and is beautiful, insightful, and eery. I was so fascinated and repulsed all at once, and yet it is fast becoming one of my favourite reads.
In the beginning of the novel, I could almost smell the beauty described, but towards the end I could smell and taste the ugliness that comes with deceit, violence, and the demoralisation and decaying of the mind and soul. It left me with a bittersweet taste in my mouth, but also a richness of wisdom and insight in my mind and in my heart. It’s a novel that I’m glad that I read, and one that will always stay with me, as many insights are sure to enter my mind at some point and invite introspection. A wonderful classic!
- Paperback: 208 pages
- Publisher: VINTAGE ARROW - MASS MARKET; 1 edition (3 September 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0099511142
- ISBN-13: 978-0099511144
- Product Dimensions: 12.7 x 1.3 x 20.3 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 118 g
- Average Customer Review: 15 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 77,223 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)