Picasso's Cat and Other Stories showcases the broad talents of one of science fiction's more versatile writers. This collection contains 15 tales of humor, hard science, cyberpunk, near-future SF, and space opera--including the three-story "Stealing the Sun" series that first appeared in Analog Science Fiction and Fact. The collection is introduced by multi-award-winning author Mike Resnick, and each story is accompanied by short commentary by the author. Whether you're new to Ron Collins's work or already an established fan, Picasso's Cat and Other Stories provides, for the first time ever, the very best of his science fiction in one complete volume.
What will happen when ...
- A military man is given an order that will destroy an entire species of intelligent life?
- Three members of a close-knit software company develop a technology worth billions?
- A hit man gets caught in a war between his boss and the dead don of a rival family?
- A corporate web developer takes on a rogue virus with a personality?
- A group of space-faring chickenmen land in a farmer's corn patch?
About the Author
Ron Collins has contributed nearly 40 stories to professional publications including Analog, Asimov's, and Nature. His writing has received a Writers of the Future prize and a CompuServe HOMer Award. He holds a degree in Mechanical Engineering, and has worked developing avionics systems, electronics, and information technology. He lives in Columbus, Indiana, with his wife, Lisa. The obligatory cat's name is Keiko. You can find out more about Ron at his website: www.typosphere.com.