- Hardcover: 287 pages
- Publisher: SPRINGER MIHE; 2 edition (13 December 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 3319666304
- ISBN-13: 978-3319666303
- Product Dimensions: 21.6 x 1.9 x 27.9 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 1.1 Kg
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 122,582 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ $11.50 Delivery
Physics from Symmetry Hardcover – 13 Dec 2017
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Back Cover
This is a textbook that derives the fundamental theories of physics from symmetry.
It starts by introducing, in a completely self-contained way, all mathematical tools needed to use symmetry ideas in physics. Thereafter, these tools are put into action and by using symmetry constraints, the fundamental equations of Quantum Mechanics, Quantum Field Theory, Electromagnetism, and Classical Mechanics are derived.
As a result, the reader is able to understand the basic assumptions behind, and the connections between the modern theories of physics. The book concludes with first applications of the previously derived equations.
Thanks to the input of readers from around the world, this second edition has been purged of typographical errors and also contains several revised sections with improved explanations.
About the Author
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Delivery was on time. Soft packaging allowed the corners of the hard cover to become deformed.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science, Nature & Maths > Mathematics > Pure Mathematics > Algebra
- Books > Science, Nature & Maths > Mathematics > Pure Mathematics > Group Theory
- Books > Science, Nature & Maths > Physics > Mathematical Physics
- Books > Science, Nature & Maths > Physics > Nuclear Physics
- Books > Textbooks & Study Guides > Textbooks > Science & Mathematics > Mathematics > Algebra & Trigonometry
- Books > Textbooks & Study Guides > Textbooks > Science & Mathematics > Physics