- DAVID CHANG, coauthor of Momofuku and cofounder of Lucky Peach "Andrea Nguyen is the world's greatest expert in Vietnamese cooking. Her latest book is a stunning and comprehensive guide to pho, that country's most delicious food. Everything you ever wanted to know about pho is here: how to make it, how to eat it, its history, its regional variations--and so much more. All lovers of Asian food need to own this most extraordinary book."
- JAMES OSELAND, author Cradle of Flavor: Home Cooking from the Spice Islands of Indonesia, Malaysia, and Singapore "Andrea Nguyen is the kind of writer who doesn't just show you how to follow her recipes, she also teaches you how to be a better cook. This book is a fantastic example. You'll learn how to make delicious pho while also gaining a whole new sensibility around an unfamiliar pantry. Buy this book. Cook from it. You'll end up a far better cook than you were before."
- PIM TECHAMUANVIVIT, proprietress of Kin Khao "Nguyen's recipes are a cook's dream: well tested, easy to follow, and written in a friendly, conversational style. This is not unique to The Pho Cookbook; cooking from any of Nguyen's books is like listening to an incredibly patient friend explain a recipe over the telephone."
- Lucky Peach
"Nguyen is a master teacher when it comes Vietnam's national dish, and in her new book she provides meticulously clear instructions for every imaginable variety--we recommend you cook through every chapter."
- Food & Wine "With the same clarity and care displayed in her previous books, Nguyen guides even the nervous first-time pho navigator to slurp-worthy success."
- NPR.org, Best Books of 2017 "Great for: Pho addicts or home cooks enamored with fragrant broths and Vietnamese comfort food."
- Bay Area News Group "For lovers of pho, the hearty and delicious Vietnamese noodle soup, this is a wonderfully approachable guide to making your own at home."
- NPR's Here & Now Best Cookbooks of 2017