- Get 20% off select Smart Home products when you purchase an Echo device plus an eligible Smart Home product in a single transaction. Add both the items to cart and the discount will be automatically applied at checkout. Offered by Amazon AU. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Philips Hue Smart Wireless Dimmer Switch with Remote, Installation-Free, Exclusive for Philips Hue Smart LED Light Bulbs
- Quickly dim or brighten up to 10 of your room lights for games, parties, and movies from the comfort of your couch or bed
- Requiring the Hue Bridge (sold separately) for the full Hue experience, this battery-powered dimmer with remote smoothly and wirelessly adjusts your lights' intensity without any added installation
- Easily mount the Hue Dimmer Switch anywhere with adhesive tape provided and control using the remote or the Philips Hue App with the Philips Hue Bridge
- Make it part of your Hue home lighting system with Hue accessories (sold separately) such as the Hue Tap or Hue Motion Sensor. Control by voice with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and Google Assistant
- Connect it with your Nest or Samsung SmartThings system. Each kit includes one Hue Dimmer Switch with wall plate and remote, a CR2450 battery, manual, and two-year warranty
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
|Philips Hue Dimmer Switch||Philips Hue Motion Sensor||Philips Hue Tap Switch|
|Battery||CR2450 battery (incl.)||2 AAA batteries (incl)||Kinetic energy - no batteries|
|Place it anywhere||Yes, with screws, adhesive tape (incl.) or magnetic base||Yes, with screws and magnetic base (incl.)||Yes, with screws or adhesive tape (incl.)|
|Use as a remote||Yes||Automatic registration||Yes|
|Number of buttons||4||Not Applicable||4|
|Philips Hue Bridge Required||No||Yes. sold with Philips Hue starter kit or separately||Yes, sold with Philips Hue starter kit or separately|
Amazon's ChoiceCustomers also viewed these Amazon's Choice items
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
146 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Then it came time to connect it to Alexa. The downside here is that I had to link my Amazon account to the Philips Hue system in order for it to work. This technically means a computer somewhere on the Internet is relaying messages from my Echo Dot to the Hue Bridge for me (even thought they're only meters from each other). The advantage is that I can control the lights from Alexa but also from anywhere via the app. Good fun.
At the end of the day, there's a great satisfaction controlling the lights in the house via Alexa. I've got a few other smart devices since and Alexa can control them all. I'm pretty sure there are a lot more things I could start doing with this system. I feel like I've only just started scratching the surface.
Small with a magnetic base to fit on a small bracket included, and runs on 2 x AAA batteries. the instructions say they will last for 2 years, so I will have to wait to find out :) Piece of cake to setup and seems to work reliably 100% off the time so far. I think I need more of these now... I will have to wait till they are on special again.
Other reviewers talk about a temperature sensor and lux sensor in the unit, it is not documented anywhere but yes they exist as long as you are using Apple Home. I am using Alexa and these sensors cannot be accessed as yet
UPDATE: You can modified the operation of the device using Philips developer kit, API commands and JSON.... if that made sense to you, then you will find altering the commands so that a single button pressed once turns on, pressed again turns off - this way you can have this remote control multiple rooms, even one button for on/off the entire setup.
If not, then you will either have to stick with the basic function or look at alternative app to control your Philips Hue setup that allows customised buttons - you will have to pay for this.
The lights on my stairs and in the entrance now turn on automatically. No more fumbling for light switches in the dark while carrying bags. But didn't have to pay an electrician $$$ to install, just stuck one of these to the nearby wall using the magnetic attachment.
Also works great in the Elgato Eve app and Apple Home app.
So having to get ladders and unscrew 15 lights was a frustrating process that would be solved with wifi/network discovery or storing that data in the Alexa app as an example
I have been having a few issues with connecting to certain lights but it is handy to have
It would be great for a passage or stairs etc. but it is a pain in a bedroom or lounge where you would like the lights to turn on when you walk in but don't want them turned off when ever you move if you are already in the room.