- Free expedited shipping on products sold by Amazon AU when you purchase select books. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
PetSafe, Staywell, Aluminium Pet Door, Extra Large, Solid Design, Easy Install
- Rigid rust-proof plastic with a spring locking pin
- Constructed with a sturdy Aluminum frame
- Featuring a hard wearing, Flexible Flap
- Allowing you to keep Pets inside and harsh weather out
- Ideal for homes with multiple pets
Size: Extra Large
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
PetSafe Stay well Aluminum Pet Door for Cats and Dogs is constructed with a sturdy Aluminum frame and featuring a hard wearing, flexible flap. The Aluminum Pet Door is ideal for homes with multiple Pets and can withstand even the most energetic of pets. Available in extra large size.
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top international reviews
Manual locking: it works, but it's flimsy. Our 12 year old cat figured out if he could push the right way he would be able to dislodge the panel. After trying and trying, he broke 2 of the 4 plastic pieces used to keep the panel in place. If my old, thin cat was able to break it, an energetic dog would have no issues doing it.
Weather proofing: it's a complete joke. We're having 23 MPH winds right now, and the flap opens, the magnets used to keep it in place is extremely weak. The pile stripping is very thin, and lets the cold in even when there is no wind.
I'm very regretful I bought this door; our laundry room is always freezing because of it! I searched for ways to winterproof dog doors online and tried everything that was suggested (adding more layers to the flap, adding bubble wrap to the flap, we even had to add a 'courtain' of bubble wrap on the outside of the door, it looks awful and stops the cold from coming in a bit) but absolutely nothing has helped in decreasing the coldness from seeping into our place.
It could work if you live in a place where neither heating nor AC is required, but this door is not energy efficient whatsoever.
The door has a metal frame and flexible plastic flap which feels like it will last much longer. It's also much quieter when she goes in and out and closes better to keep out the elements. The removable panel to shut the door off also feels very solid and secure.
However, after 7 months the plastic bolts suddenly broke when the dog came in, leaving her wearing the inside of the door around her middle! I repaired it with some metal M4 bolts and it's now better than new. I understand that the bolts need to be cut to length according to the width of the door, and plastic makes it easier to install, but it would have been better if it was supplied with metal bolts. Considering that a person can easily fit through the large door it would also feel more secure when closed off, as the plastic bolts could be very easily broken from the outside.
Only issue I had was the crossbar on the upvc door as it got in the way of the sliding cover.
All I had to do was to hold the panel flush against the door - under the crossbar - and mark the place where I'd need to remove part of the sliding edge.
You can see where I managed to trim a few cm from the bottom of the panel and now i can put it flush against the door and it slides in. Otherwise it was putting pressure on the plastic bolts and might have ruined them.
-1 Star for the plastic screws, set my drill to the lowest torque when tightening them, and two still snapped.
It's very easy to fit - at least that's what the door installers told me :-)
The size I have is the MEDIUM one and its perfectly adequate for my dogs which are miniature schnauzers. The black one that you see in the picture, Ben, he's quite large for a miniature schnauzer and still fits through it perfectly well. Maybe the small might be ok for other Miniature Schnauzers.
You'll notice we've installed the flap very low on the door. This is because the cover that slides into it to secure the flap requires as much space above it as possible. The old one we installed too high and it was difficult to get the security cover out and in because we had to bend it a little because the recessed panel in the door. Where it is now is perfect.
The security cover has a little metal spring loaded lock on it. I do have to pull this out when I'm pushing it down into the flap to get over the edges, but once its in, its impossible to open from the outside as far as we can tell.
The flap is also magnetic so it stays shut even in the wind - this was a definite requirement of mine as I didn't want it flapping open in the wind and letting the cold air in.
In summary, I'm very happy - I wouldn't have bought one again if I wasn't.
* Montage :
- Gabarit fourni (multi-découpe selon la taille de la chatière choisie)
- Epaisseur *minimum* de la porte : 50mm / *maximum* : 90mm
- Diamètre de perçage conseillé pour amorcer la découpe de la porte à la scie sauteuse : > 9mm
- Diamètre de perçage conseillé des trous de fixation de la trappe : 6mm (7mm conseillé sur la notice, mais trop gros !)
- La largeur du cadre permet de masquer les éventuels dérapages ou imperfections lors de la découpe
- Il est fortement conseillé de déposer la porte et d'effectuer la découpe sur un plan de travail à plat, bien qu'il soit possible d'effectuer la découpe lorsque la porte est montée (risques de "dérapages" notamment...)
- Les vis de fixation en plastique sont un peu cheap, mais néanmoins solides, permettant un serrage correct de l'ensemble. L'intérêt de ces vis réside dans le fait qu'il est possible de les couper facilement à la bonne longueur une fois le tout assemblé (longueur qui variera en fonction de la profondeur de votre porte)
* A l'usage...
- Le format "S" (small) permet une utilisation avec des chats pesant jusqu'à 7kg dans souci, comme annoncé (un des miens pèse 6,5kg et il passe à l'aise)
- La porte revient en place en position close et le demeure par le biais d'un système d'aimants... le tout étant ajustable. Plutôt bien vu.
- Le fait que la trappe soit souple induit un certains silence dans son fonctionnement
- Pas de possibilité de verrouiller les sens d'entrée/sortie contrairement à la plupart des portes concurrentes (encore un aspect qui selon moi prédestine cette porte davantage à un usage intérieur-intérieur qu'extérieur-intérieur...)
- Un "cache" en plastique permet de condamner la chatière (lors d'absence prolongées par exemple) mais nécessite de devoir manipuler ce cache pour l'ôter/le repositionner. Même si cela se fait plutôt rapidement avec l'habitude, cela rend cette opération fastidieuse lorsque d'autres portes proposent un système de blocage par un verrou intégré (via bouton).
Au final, cette chatière demeure une bonne acquisition pour équiper une porte qui par exemple sépare votre intérieur de votre garage, mais que je ne recommanderai pas pour un usage extérieur.
Our only issue was our back door was just a couple of mm thinner than the frame would close together, I had to add some spares on each side to ensure a nice tight fit against the outer face
the door needed to be just over an inch thick but ours wasn't
we previously bought the Petsafe large dog plastic flap version but that wasn't suitable for our 3 dogs and the plastic broke after a week of use
we are really impressed by the quality and size of this flap and our dogs now come and go with ease - we no longer have to keep letting them out to do their business
And it was so easy to fit
Neighbour paid somebody 150 pounds to install a cat flap less than half the size of this product.
Thought I'd give it a go myself after watching a few videos online - after 30 minutes flap added to our UPVC kitchen door and 100 or so pound saved...!
The pack comes with good instructions and a template that you stick to your door to help you drill the holes on the corners. Then a simple case of jigsawing the rectangle area out.
Tip: add a bead of waterproof silicon to the frame (inside and outside) before you place it on the door. The flap itself isn't the strongest but much better than the (noisy) plastic variety.
Like an earlier reviewer mentioned we placed a small step on the outside as the kitchen floor was higher on the inside and this helps the mutt get inside and out.
Took to it like a duck to water - without any issues...
Ich habe die kleinste Klappe in Größe S gewählt. Meine Katzen sind 4 und 6 Kilo schwer.
Der Einbau war mit geeigneten Werkzeug kein Problem. Dauert ca. eine Stunde für geübte Hände.