Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ $8.48 Delivery
Pentel Mechanical Pencil Graphgear 1000 0.3 mm
- Chiseled metallic grip inlaid with soft latex-free pads provides writing comfort
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
We are the UK operation of Pentel Co. Ltd., a privately owned, Japanese company, which has been producing some of the world’s favourite writing instruments for over half a century.
From our offices in Swindon, Wiltshire, we distribute a wide range of pens, pencils, correction products, markers and art materials to customers throughout the United Kingdom and Ireland.
Pentel Mechanical Pencils
Fine lead mechanical pencil technology has been a Pentel speciality for over 50 years. Our wide range of products offers an exceptional choice of pencils for professional, commercial and domestic use. The range is complemented by Pentel refill leads, which are stronger and longer-lasting than ordinary leads. Our new Ain Stein range is our strongest ever refill lead, with ultimate resistance to breakage and superb density of colour.
Pentel GraphGear 1000 0.3mm, 0.5mm, 0.7mm, 0.9mm
Quality mechanical pencil with brushed steel barrel.
Rubber grip 'Pips' for added comfort and control.
Sliding sleeve to advance and retract lead.
Lead grade indicator.
Pocket clip sleeve retraction system.
Supplied with 3 Super Hi-Polymer HB refill leads.
0.3mm lead with Brown pips on grip.
0.5mm lead with Black pips on grip.
0.7mm lead with Blue pips on grip.
0.9mm lead with yellow pips on grip.
|P200 Series||Orenz Mechanical Pencil||E-Sharp||Pentel WoW!||Pentel Fiesta||Pentel P365|
|Available in other barrel colours||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Available in other lead sizes||✓||✓||✓|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I purchased my first Pentel Graph Gear 1000 mechanical pencil a little over five years ago, and have added many more to my collection in the years since. It's my go-to mechanical pencil for a number of reasons:
- It has a comfortable, chiseled metallic grip inlaid with soft latex-free pads provides writing comfort. These pads are different colors depending on the lead size you choose (brown for .3 mm, grey for .5 mm, blue for .7 mm, and yellow for .9 mm), making it easy to identify which size of lead you're using.
- The dual-action retractor advances and retracts tip for easy use. This means that you're able to retract the tip when you're storing it, which helps prevent damage to the tip as well as accidental damage (read: holes) in whatever you're storing it in.
- The lead and eraser are refillable.
- The barrel has a rotating window that allows you to identify the type of lead you've placed in it (2B, HB, etc.), so if you have multiples of these pencils, it's easy at a glance to identify what type of lead is in each without having to test them. Between this and the color-coding for the lead type, it makes it incredibly easy to keep on creating rather than having to take breaks to remember where you put a certain lead size or hardness or softness of lead. It also means that if you have multiples, you can have a variety of them handy, rather than having to regularly swap out lead.
- They are extremely well weighted.
- I rarely experience breakage.
I regularly carry the following Pentel Graph Gear 1000s in my mobile sketch kit:
- A .5 mm with 2H lead
- A .5 mm with HB lead
- A .5 mm with 2B lead
- A .3 mm with 2H lead
That said, these are by far my favorite mechanical pencils, and they are something I regularly use at home and while on the go. I would highly recommend them to any artist or draftsmen who is interested in adding a solid and long-lasting mechanical pencil to their creative arsenal.
I am a longtime Amazon Prime customer who enjoys writing reviews in my free time. If you have any questions or comments about this product or my review, feel free to message me and I'll be glad to help!
But alas, here I am, not writing out of a lack of other potential activities, but out of a sheer responsibility to let you know how great this pencil is.
Over the last 6 months I’ve been rehabbing an old house we bought, and have drawn up a seemingly endless number of blueprints and building plans. I bought a Moleskin squared notebook to start (worth every penny), and eventually got tired of the sloppiness that came with a regular old #2 pencil. I finally put my foot down and told my wife “Honey, I’m buying a $13 pencil!” to which she responded with almost no emotion. I pulled the trigger and eagerly awaited my new writing device.
I couldn’t possibly be happier with it. It writes perfectly, draws crisp, clean lines, and is so well made you feel like a damn astronaut when you use it.
10/10, would use in outer space.