This is a brilliant and simple overview of some common and simple guidelines or rules for writing. I think it will help writers be better writers. I work in the area of language teaching so a lot of my students are not native English speakers and the ideas here can help them a lot. For a non-native speaker of English they should be quite literate in order to gain a lot as discussing the meta-linguistics of the language (and the art of composition) requires considerable skill.
For a native English speaker this may be a easy to follow reference for Jr High and High School aged children/adolescents. And let's face it - it can be a good review for anyone. I have written a lot on the past and instruct research courses at the college level and still like to see literature on this area. I guess considering my job I need to - or should have such a desire. I do.
- Mass Market Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd; 1 edition (29 August 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0141016760
- ISBN-13: 978-0141016764
- Product Dimensions: 11.2 x 2.1 x 18.1 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 200 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 180,414 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)