I have found Penguin dictionaries to be useful. But they can be a little frustrating because they leave out information I would consider important. The biggest overlook in the Dictionary of Sociology is the absents of W.E.B. Du Bois.
The dictionary overall is good and I think it comes in handy for tutoring introductory courses. The information is presented in an easy to understand language. And has been a good tool for assisting the classroom.
- Paperback: 496 pages
- Publisher: Penguin Press; 5 edition (28 February 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0141013753
- ISBN-13: 978-0141013756
- Product Dimensions: 12.9 x 2.2 x 19.8 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 340 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 116,284 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)