A novel that enlightens on how the "collective unconscious" is being tapped & manipulated by people with commercial or political agendas - especially the "cool-hunters" (marketers who spot trends). It suggests how electronic technology has is changing human identity & thought. Protagonist Cayce believes her soul has been left behind on a trans-Atlantic flight and must catch up.
Meanwhile, advertising guru Bigend believes that "everything today is a reflection of something else". I liked the ideas - particularly in the light of "po-mo" (post-modernism).
But the plot was a let-down with confusion about the motivation of Cayce & Bigend and what the mysterious "footage" could reveal.
- Audible Audiobook
- Listening Length: 10 hours and 22 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Audible Studios
- Audible.com.au Release Date: 3 May 2012
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English, English
- ASIN: B00NVTNM20
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 9,128 in Audible (See Top 100 in Audible)