- Paperback: 432 pages
- Publisher: Transworld (5 November 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0593078209
- ISBN-13: 978-0593078204
- Product Dimensions: 15.3 x 3 x 23.4 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 358 g
- Average Customer Review: 61 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 10,663 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ $5.99 delivery
Past Tense Paperback – 5 Nov 2018
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"Jack Reacher is today's James Bond, a thriller hero we can't get enough of" (Ken Follett)
"I loved it. One of the best." (Jonathan Ross)
"It’s Lee Child. Why would you not read it?" (Karin Slaughter)
"Sometimes you just want someone who can beat the s*** out of people! I pick up Jack Reacher when I’m in the mood for someone big to solve my problems" (Patricia Cornwell)
From the Publisher
What people are saying about Past Tense...
Child is an excellent writer...As ever, the prose is precision-tooled. - Evening Standard
Lee Child shows no signs of slowing down. . . . Reacher is a man for whom the phrase moral compass was invented: His code determines his direction. . . . You need Jack Reacher. - Atlantic
The concision, procedural chops and terse, surprising action of Past Tense make it a fantastic read. - USA Today
61 customer reviews
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It is hard to identify precisely what it was that I didn't like, all of the introspection of the 2 other main characters (apart from JR) was annoying. JR was also too busy self analysing - the whole book just didn't work for me. I was almost angry when I was finished with it.
Had it been a Hard Cover I would have tossed it in the bin (heresy to me, I have kept all of my books over the last 40 years) - I wouldn't have bothered lending it to anyone (unlike all of my other Lee Child books) but as it was on my Kindle I just deleted it.
So sad :(
That is why I say perhaps the shine is wearing off .. perhaps it is not so much the story as me knowing Jack Reacher inside out and being able to get an idea of what happens next.
A good read nonetheless, but I felt that this was a similar novel to another Jack Reacher story. Bit of a shame really seeing as I look out for their release to find they are not up to expectations.
Of course Reacher does his tough thing also. The usual suspects get hit in the face if not just outright killed.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Historical
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Military
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Suspense
- Books > Religion & Spirituality