Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.00 delivery
+ $14.78 Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
Pandemic State of Emergency Board Game
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Adds new roles, events, and a new disease to Pandemic!
- Not a standalone expansion. Pandemic required to play
- For 2 to 4 players age 13 and up
- Play a complete game in about 45 minutes
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
- Players: 2 - 4
- Ages: 13+
- Game time: 45 minutes
Pandemic: State Of Emergency
Saving the world just got a little bit harder!
Three new challenges await you in this new expansion for Pandemic:
- The Hinterlands Challenge: the diseases are spreading from animals to humans…
- The Emergency Events Challenge: unpredictable Events have nasty effects on the game…try to use Quarantines to stop the spread of disease across the board…
- The Superbug Challenge: a fifth disease that cannot be treated threatens the world! Produce vaccine doses after finding its cure in order to fight off this threat. You must eradicate the superbug disease to win.
This expansion is NOT for the faint of heart...
Customers who bought this item also bought
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The Superbug is pretty hard and I rarely use the Emergency Events; not because they are bad but because the game is often quite difficult as it is. The Emergency Events will throw out a rule when drawn like "No More Direct Flights) and the Superbug makes you gather vaccine doses from a factory you build to cure infected locations.
I enjoy the Hinterlands a little more because it adds 4 new locations to the map. The tokens to add to the board are a little obnoxious in size and could be replaced with little stickers or Tiddlywinks. The new Role cards are great but there are only a few and basically only useful to parts of this expansion. (The veterinarian is completely useless unless playing Hinterlands.)
The best part of the expansion that is now used in all my games of Pandemic are the Quarantine markers. You can now quarantine a location as an action and it blocks an infection at that location twice. Overall, I really enjoy this expansion (as I enjoy all expansions for this game) and recommend it. If you can only afford one expansion, this is not the one to buy; get the expansions in the order they were released: On the Brink, In the Lab, State of Emergency. ...in my opinion.
1) Added emergency Events. These are cards you pull that create a little more chaos in your game.
2) the Hinterlands challenge- we haven't played this one yet. About animal outbreaks as well?
3) THE SUPERBUG CHALLENGE!!! This is awesome. There is a 5th (purple) disease and to win you must CURE & ERADICATE the 5th disease and well as cure the 4 original ones. But it is also harder to cure the purple disease and you treat it differently than the originals. Super fun.
There are also quarantine chips. These are a cool addition and can be added at any time. They really help with the superbug challenge.
You do need the original Pandemic game to use this expansion.
I'm coming to the conclusion that I purchased the games in the wrong order. I wish I bought State of Emergency, Season1, and then Season 2. I feel like you get to build up the expectations of the game in a gradual way, but I had such an amazing experience with Season 1&2 that State of Emergency felt a little flat.
I like that there are new roles and capabilities. There are also new cards, actions, new boards, and pieces. You can also play the game in 3 different ways, each one is challenging and different. There are a lot of different new rules that you have to memorize, but it's easy to get the hang of after a few runs of the game. If you love playing Pandemic, then the State of Emergency definitely adds some new excitement to an old game.