- Paperback: 544 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1 edition (14 August 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118777484
- ISBN-13: 978-1118777480
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 2.5 x 21.6 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 358 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 19,848 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Paediatric Handbook 9E Paperback – 14 Aug 2015
|New from||Used from|
Amazon Global Store
From the Back Cover
This new edition of the best-selling manual, The Royal Children's Hospital Melbourne Paediatric Handbook 9th Edition is a succinct and practical guide to managing common and serious disorders in childhood. Relevant to medical, nursing and allied health fields, this is both a useful source for revision and an essential guide to clinical management and rapid decision-making at the point of care.
For this edition, the handbook has been restructured according to body systems and is now more closely aligned with the Royal Children's Hospital Clinical Practice Guidelines. It also includes updated evidence-based information in all chapters, an additional genetics chapter, new renal and oncology chapters and fully updated drug doses.
The Handbook includes:
- Clear illustrations, and plenty of accessible diagnostic and management algorithms
- A Paediatric Pharmacopoeia
- Step-by-step guidelines for paediatric procedures
- Emphasis on the modern, community-based approach to the management of children's problems
- A strong emphasis on practical management by the doctor at first contact
With well-presented, summarized information that you can easily access during a consultation, this text is also an excellent supplemental handbook for students, junior medical staff and medical practitioners.
About the Author
Dr Amanda Gwee, Fellow in Infectious Diseases, The Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne, Australia.
Dr Romi Rimer, Centre for Community Child Health, The Royal Children's Hospital, Australia.
Associate Professor Michael Marks MBBS MD MPH FRACP, Acting Director & Paediatrician, General Medicine, Royal Children's Hospital and Associate Professor (Clinical), Department of Paediatrics, University of Melbourne.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medicine & Nursing > Basic Sciences
- Books > Medicine & Nursing > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Paediatrics
- Books > Medicine & Nursing > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Pathology > Clinical Medicine
- Books > Textbooks & Study Guides > Textbooks > Medicine & Health Sciences > Medicine > Clinical > Paediatrics