Ozeri Touch II 18 lbs Digital Kitchen Scale, with Microban Antimicrobial Product Protection
- Industry exclusive scale features Microban antimicrobial product protection that helps prevent the growth of stain and odor-causing bacteria
- Boasts 2 touch sensitive buttons, 4 high precision GFX sensors, a large Blue LCD screen, and a capacity range of 0.05 oz to 18 lbs or 1 g to 8000 g
- Award-winning thin design is infused with Microban antimicrobial technology to provide an added level of protection that won't ever wear away
- Precision Tare button subtracts the container weight for the net ingredient weight; easy Unit button instantly converts between lb/oz, g, fl.oz., ml
- Includes 2 Lithium batteries and an easy-access battery compartment (no screwdriver needed). NOTE: remove the battery insulating strip before attempting to use the device
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
- Ozeri Touch thin design is infused with Microban antimicrobial technology to provide an added level of protection that won't ever wear away. (Please visit the website for more information)
- Precision Tare button subtracts the container weight for the net ingredient weight; easy Unit button instantly converts between lb/oz, g, fl.oz., ml.
The Ozeri Touch II Professional Digital Kitchen Scale
The Ozeri Touch II Professional Digital Kitchen Scale with Microban Antimicrobial Product Protection is the industry's first kitchen scale to include antimicrobial protection that disrupts the growth of bacteria that can cause stains, odors and product deterioration. Infused at the point of manufacturing, Microban antimicrobial protection works for the lifetime of the scale and helps maintain surface cleanliness.
On an unprotected kitchen scale surface, bacteria can double in number every 20 minutes. With the Ozeri Touch II Kitchen Scale, the Microban antimicrobial protection is built-in to the scale and will never wash off or wear away!
- Industry exclusive scale features Microban antimicrobial product protection that helps prevent the growth of stain and odor-causing bacteria.
- Boasts 2 touch sensitive buttons, 4 high precision GFX sensors, a large Blue LCD screen, and a capacity range of 0.05 oz to 18 lbs or 1 g to 8000 g.
Designed for the Culinary Perfectionist
Combines new advanced touch sensitive buttons, high-precision GFX sensors, and a celebrated design with an elegant reflective white surface. It has a capacity range from a mere 0.05 ounces to 18 lbs, or 1 gram to 8000 grams. The Touch II provides measurements in graduations of 1 g or 0.05 oz and it boasts a high-contrast blue backlit LCD screen that is easy to read. Its 4 high precision GFX latest generation sensors deliver superior accuracy and the fastest response times for the quick paced chef.
The Ozeri Touch II Digital Kitchen Scale combines all this technology into a contemporary thin design that stands out as a show piece for the modern kitchen. Designed for the culinary perfectionist who desires the best in form and function, the Ozeri Touch II Digital Kitchen also features an automatic Tare button that quickly calculates the net weight of your ingredients by subtracting the container weight, whether the container is a bowl, tray, plate or anything else. The scale also displays results in both the US and metric systems (g, fl.oz, lb:oz, ml).
The Ozeri Touch II Digital Kitchen Scale comes equipped with 2 Lithium batteries. It provides both Low Battery and Overload indicators, and automatically turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity to preserve battery life.
Review this product
2 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Use: Baking. Tortes/cakes, breads, pastries, confections.
Thoughts: Slim form factor. Does not support large bowls due to the close screen proximity to the weighing platform. This includes a 6qt residential mixing bowl. Buttons are not very responsive and can take several pushes to recognize input. This is especially true with the tare function, which quickly became irritating to me. The benefit of having precision to the fraction of an oz was quickly lost due non-stop fluctuation in the weight. I could add any amount of weight and watch the weight slowly drop in .05 oz increments without touching anything. I once watched a couple of ounces miraculously disappear. Either the weighing mechanism is poorly designed or it takes 15 minutes to get an accurate read; both of which are undesirable qualities. I had a large pet peeve with the gimmicky feature of being able to perform volume measurements on a scale. This is not possible without knowing the conversion rate of volume to mass for every type of matter being measured. This feature really only works for water, being one of the few substances where 1 oz volume does equal 1 oz wieght. This feature is really a ploy to con uneducated consumers with a fancy sounding and uncommon feature, that does not work in reality (hense why you don't see it, ever).
I would not recommend this scale at all.
1) Short battery life compounded by the use of a non-standard battery. The scale uses two CR2032 batteries and during the six months we had the scale it flashed "Lo" on us 2 or 3 times--on the final one we just bought the new scale.
2) Unlike the previous Taylor scale we had replaced, the Ozeri Touch II buttons are flush to the scale's surface... which seemed great at the time since we were having issues with raised buttons sticking. However, on this scale the tare and unit buttons are extremely fickle. Even after six months of daily use (and presumably, practice) it was a dice roll to see if a button press would accomplish anything. It's a scale, not a complex electronic device... user error shouldn't even be possible. Things were even worse at the beginning where applying pressure too far below the button can actually tip the scale given the angled design.
Ultimately for us it became a matter of little frustration after little frustration. Having to "tare" three times to actually zero out the scale, having to invest in a non-standard (i.e. not AA or AAA) battery stock given the uncertainty in lifetime. Recently we purchased a Elec3 Digital Kitchen Food Scale Multifunction，11lb 5kg Stainless Steel Platform with LCD Display (Blue). Buttons are also flush, but at least they work and it takes AAA's. So far so good. I miss the resolution and larger size of the Touch II, but it just wasn't worth the hassle.
It works great, but the battery life is AWFUL! I’ve had this scale since the middle of July and had to replace the batteries twice already! The scale this replaced was about 10 years old and I replaced the batteries maybe once per year.
To give an idea of usage- I’m an athlete with a nutrition plan. I use the scale multiple times per day. Maybe isomekme who isn’t such a regular user would be fine with the battery life of this scale. I sure as heck am not.