- Hardcover: 594 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; 2 edition (25 January 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0471668516
- ISBN-13: 978-0471668510
- Product Dimensions: 16.2 x 4.6 x 23.1 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 794 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 194,750 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $11.37 Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
The Options Course: High Profit & Low Stress Trading Methods, Second Edition: High Profit and Low Stress Trading Methods Hardcover – 25 Jan 2005
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Inside Flap
Drawing on his years of experience as both a successful options trader and an acclaimed options trading instructor, author and financial expert George Fontanills has crafted a comprehensive course to help you avoid these common, costly, and unnecessary mistakes. In this fully updated Second Edition of The Options Course, Fontanills returns to improve and expand on all the invaluable information and advice he offered in the bestselling original edition of The Options Course.
Designed for investors at all levels of experience, The Options Course, Second Edition opens the door to the numerous opportunities offered by this exciting form of trading. Using a systematic, step-by-step approach, this guide will equip you with all the tools?from basic concepts to sophisticated techniques?necessary for successfully integrating options into your trading approach.
With clarity, conciseness, and depth of coverage available nowhere else, The Options Course, Second Edition:
- Provides a solid foundation in the concepts, methods, and strategies of stocks and options trading
- Explains how to apply Delta Neutral Trading?a powerful technique for finding optimal trades that produces high returns?to your trading arsenal
- Shows you how to increase profits by making adjustments to trades based on market movement
- Discusses the art of risk management and reveals how to protect yourself without giving up profits
- Examines some of the macroeconomic events that can cause fluctuations in the stock market
- Describes how to spot explosive stock and options trading opportunities through a variety of readily available sources
Options are the most flexible financial instruments that exist today, and if used properly, they can provide you with unique investment opportunities on a regular basis. However, the entire options arena can be a very complex and confusing place to venture. By utilizing the many tools and strategies illustrated throughout this book?and paying close attention to the numerous cases presented?you can build up your knowledge base of the markets to a professional level and become a successful stocks and options trader.
From the Back Cover
Michael J. Curcio, Executive Vice President, E*Trade Financial (www.etrade.com/options)
"George Fontanills has taught more people about options than anyone else. Novice and advanced traders alike will find this to be a valuable read, as elementary and advanced concepts are explained with clarity. Moreover, the content is practical and designed with an eye towards actual trading applications."
Lawrence G. McMillan, President, McMillan Analysis Corp.
"This book is required reading for anyone serious about trading options who doesn't want to waste time making avoidableand sometimes costlymistakes."
Julie Craig, Marketing Director, eSignal
"A timely update for those committed to succeeding in today's complex and challenging markets. A must read for those interested in succeeding in today's turbulent times. Understanding and managing volatility has, perhaps, never been more important."
Eric Alexander, COO, Wall Street Access
"Fontanills has once again demonstrated that he is a master at explaining both the basics and the intricacies of options trading. This book will prepare any option trader for what lies ahead in the rapidly expanding options market. The highly detailed discussions of strategies and delta-neutral trading are indispensable, and I was thrilled to see a section on sentiment analysis. A must-have for any options trader's bookshelf."
Bernie Schaeffer, Chairman & CEO, Schaeffer's Investment Research
"If you are looking for someone who can teach you how to trade options like a professional, you can't beat George Fontanills. He is 'the' authority on option strategies. The Options Course, Second Edition puts you squarely in the middle of the right path."
John-Paul Drysdale, Managing Director, The Hubb Organisation
"George Fontanills captures the essence of option trading with clear and entertaining examples of strategies and profitable trading techniques."
Tom Sosnoff, Founder and CEO of the thinkorswim Group, Inc.
"The Options Course, Second Edition by George Fontanills provides investors of all experience levels a clear, reasoned, and practical approach to equity options. This is a must-read for every investor."
David Kalt, President, optionsXpress
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
For beginners, this book has everything you should know, but the presentation is VERY detailed and dated. Most of the information nation can be gleaned from free sources.
For me, I was looking for some help refining my strategies, timing, and improving my edge. Finding that is this book is like finding a needle in a haystack. My recommendation would be a more condensed, direct book.
Just an aside. I bought the book used from an Amazon reseller, and the previous owner(s) did not make past the first 90 pages, based on highlighting. My guess is there were at least 2 past owners/reaaders based on handwriting, and highlighting technique. Conclusion: book gives too much info and makes you wait too long to get to the meat.
1. It contains nearly every aspect that you need to know in trading options including different kinds of option spread, choosing a good option broker, some technical analysis and fundamental analysis relating to options and some backgrounds of economies.
2. Every type of spread has in-depth explanations and an example of real life stock. In addition, at the end of the book, there are some nice summaries of all the spreads covered in this book.
1. Many topics are beyond the options trading which is the title of this book, so they may confuse you sometimes. I know it's always good to know more, but it just contains too much for me to read. It could be a five-star introductory book if you are the one who has a decent amount of time to read every page of this book.
2. The author recommends several times about his own online tool of options. It MAYBE good for options trading, but it is expensive ($190/month) to use the full function of it.