- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 15.2 x 25.7 cm ; 907 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 1.1 Kg
- Item Model Number: 1063403
- ASIN: B000GISTZ4
- Date first available at Amazon.com.au: 30 November 2017
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
1,728 in Health, Household & Personal Care (See Top 100 in Health, Household & Personal Care)
- #26 in Whey Nutrition Protein
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ $8.00 delivery
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder, Vanilla Ice Cream, 908 Grams
- Gold Standard 100% Whey delivers 24g of whey protein, has 5.5 grams of naturally occurring BCAAs, and 4 grams of naturally occurring glutamine per serving. Gluten Free.
- Whey protein shake consumed before or after exercise helps kick start muscle recovery for men and women.
- Optimum Nutrition has a 30-year history of setting higher standards for quality. Each shake mixes up effortlessly using just a glass and spoon, and tastes consistently good, shake after shake.
Size Name: 909g | Colour Name: Vanilla Ice Cream
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Founded on Quality
Optimum Nutrition (ON) is the global leader in the Sports Nutrition Industry offering products with the highest quality of ingredients that are proven to work and taste great.
Why Take Gold Standard Whey?
Whey protein is popular with active adults because it digests rapidly and is a rich source of amino acids for muscle recovery support. Whey protein isolate is the purest form of whey and the primary ingredient in the world’s best-selling whey protein powder. Each serving provides 24 grams of rapidly-digesting whey protein with 5.5 grams of naturally occurring BCAAs. There’s no doubt this is the standard by which all other proteins are measured.
- Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) Main Ingredient
- Whey Protein Microfractions from Whey Protein Isolates & Ultra-Filtered Whey Protein Concentrate
- Over 4 Grams of Glutamine & Glutamic Acid in Each Serving
- More Than 5 Grams of the Naturally Occurring Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine in Each Serving
The 'Gold Standard' for Protein Quality
Optimum Nutrition has a history of setting one of the high standards for quality. Each shake mixes up effortlessly using just a glass and spoon, and tastes consistently good, shake after shake.
- First thing in the morning.
- Before exercise.
- After exercise.
The amino acids in protein are the building blocks of muscle protein synthesis. A whey protein shake consumed before or after exercise helps kick-start this recovery process.
Ingredients:INGREDIENTS: Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate [MILK], Whey Protein Concentrate [MILK], Whey Peptides [MILK]) (Emulsifier: Soy Lecithin), Flavors [MILK], Thickeners (460, 415), Salt, Sweeteners (955, 960).
Directions:Just pour in 180-240 mL (6-8 fl oz) of water and then add one scoop of GOLD STANDARD 100% WHEY™ to your shaker cup. Cover and shake for 25-30 seconds.
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
1) It's a lot sweeter than I thought it would be based on other reviews and the product description - frankly a bit cloying, which too much Stevia can be if it's not tempered with something else. I've tried it a few ways now and have found that it's best when you mix with some tarter frozen fruit in the blender to balance out the flavor, like berries and a little mango with unsweetened almond milk or adding a squeeze of lemon into your green version. I definitely wouldn't add banana to it again though, as it was almost inedible. That said, I tend to like things less sweet, so if you're a person that enjoys higher sugar content and you don't mind Stevia, which can have a mildly bitter aftertaste and can take some trial and error/getting used to if you're new to the world of plant-sourced non-sugar sweeteners, you'll probably be fine with this.
2) The other thing about it is the consistency. After you first blend it, it acts like a smoothie, albeit a chalkier than average one. However, if you're a slow drinker (which I am, especially when there's this much protein involved), the mixture needs to be stirred every 5-10 minutes, otherwise the water content starts to separate and you're left with a gelatinous mound staring back at you from the bottom of your glass like a balled up banana slug, likely due to the chia content of the powder. It's palatable, but not the most eh... how you say... inviting?
Ultimately this stuff is really good quality. I am not vegan but I've been working harder lately to make changes to avoid animal products where possible. This stuff makes you full without feeling heavy and is a solid animal-product-free option for people trying to work more protein into their regimens without contributing to, you know, the ecological demise of human civilization as we know it. That is to say, I'd recommend getting some reusable straws to help even it all out.
If you're looking to an alternative to the expense (and sugar and calories) of your morning Starbucks, here's my recipe for a healthy protein packed alternative Vanilla Latte. Every morning I add two scoops of [[ASIN:B016K2P91Q Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy, Iced Mocha Cappucino] to one scoop of of the Vanilla plant protein. Add 16oz of water (or if you want something thicker, nut milk or regular milk): delicious, refreshing, energizing, and MUCH better for your wallet and waist than a Starbucks.