- Buy this item and get 90 days Free Amazon Music Unlimited. After purchase you will receive an email with further information. Offer valid for a limited time only. Terms and Conditions apply.” Learn more here.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
The One Before the One Paperback – 1 January 2011
|New from||Used from|
Special offers and product promotions
- Publisher : HarperCollins GB (1 January 2011)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 352 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0007277385
- ISBN-13 : 978-0007277384
- Dimensions : 12.9 x 2.1 x 19.8 cm
- Customer Reviews:
Praise for The One Before the One:
‘This is a story that's easy to identify with, but it's the cute observations of the funny side in all the drama that made us laugh out loud – a lot.' Heat
'An insightful look at infidelity written with a refreshing lightness of touch.' Daily Telegraph
Praise for One Thing Led to Another:
- ‘A witty debut with plenty of LOL moments’Heat
- ‘Funny and touching debut’ Closer
- ‘Pick up Katy Regan’s excellent debut … an ultimate page-turner’ In Style
- ‘A fab read’ Company
- 'Katy's brilliant at unravelling the bewildering, emotionally complicated reality of the situation, with laugh-out-loud humour and the kind of bitter-sweet sadness that made me wish I wearing tear proof mascara, and hope for the happiest of endings for Tess. Totally fab' Eithne Farry, Marie Claire
- 'An entertaining, engaging and effortless read full of warmth and humour' Rowan Coleman
- ‘Funny and thought-provoking, a great read’ Julia Llewellyn
About the Author
Katy Regan was Features Writer and Commissioning Editor of Marie Claire before leaving to concentrate on writing fiction in 2007. Whilst there, she wrote a column And Then There Were Three… Sort Of about her experience of having a baby with her best friend (who just remained a friend). This proved so successful it ran for two years and now, ten years on, people still remember it.
When she's not writing fiction, Katy writes features for the likes of Stella Magazine, Psychologies and Marie Claire.
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
32 year old Caroline Steele is in a pickle. Not only is she having an affair with a married man, she can't seem to let go of her ex fiance whom she ditched weeks before their wedding.
Caroline's 17 year old sister Lexi comes to stay for the summer - and what at first seemed like a disaster in waiting, turned out to be the very thing Caroline needed to turn her life around.
Of course, chick-lit wouldn't be chick-lit without a love story thrown in for good measure. Predictable - but I don't mind!
The author, Katy Regan has a very chatty style with a large amount of humour thrown in for good measure. Her characters are very real and I was constantly reminded of my fun days in London and the antics we used to get up to.
The plot is entertaining - a romantic comedy involving the trials and tribulations of getting involved with someone at work (who is also married) when we all know she deserves to be with someone better. Add to that some strong sibling rivalry and a desire to be a good big sister, and you have the makings of an interesting and fun story.
I enjoyed this book with a glass of wine and mince pie. I also bought it for my sister and a couple of friends who have all really enjoyed it.
Buy one for yourself and a second for your sister or close friend as a token of your love and friendship. If you like it then you'll probably like her first book One Thing Led to Another
Cheers, Shell xxx