Olympus Binocular 10x50 S Including Strap, case and 15-Year Warranty. Sharp Details, Natural Colours, Wide Field of View, Lightweight - Ideal for Nature Observation, Birdwatching and Concerts
|Price:||+ $18.01 Delivery|
|Model name||Olympus Binocular 10x50 S|
|Eye relief||12 Millimeters|
About this item
- Wide field of view optimal for tracking fast-moving subjects - find a subject quicker with a wider view of your surroundings, whilst enjoying sharply defined details and brilliant natural colours.
- High-performance optics provide a bright, clear field of view with superb transmittance and sharp, high-resolution images with minimal distortion and chromatic aberration even in low light conditions.
- Built with a durable, high-quality finish the robust housing resists any nature conditions - ideal for outdoor use. A rubber coated grip ensures a safe hold for easy and comfortable operation.
- Maximum comfort, functionality and portability are guaranteed due to a compact, lightweight size and ergonomic controls. The focus wheel is responsive and easy to operate even if wearing gloves.
- A rubber eyepiece and lens cover plus soft carrying case offer a solid protection. While the strap ensures a high level of wearing comfort and allows quick access to be ready for the next scene.
Product detailsStyle:10x50 S
- Product Dimensions : 19.2 x 17.8 x 6.4 cm; 855 Grams
- Date First Available : 21 November 2020
- Manufacturer : Olympus
- ASIN : B08L659TWX
- Item Model Number : V501023BU000
- Customer Reviews:
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Olympus Standard binoculars are the perfect companion for observing nature, sport, wildlife and birdwatching. A wide field of view makes locating a subject quicker and easier, particularly when panning a wide area or tracking fast-moving subjects, such as birds, animals, and action sports.
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Glasses met expectations and seem very good value. Used them yesterday to watch an osprey perched on top of some trees and some Rozellas feeding on flowers in other high trees. Bit shaky but very manageable. As I said.....good value.
Top reviews from other countries
I purchased these in November 2015 and they have been brilliant. The image is clear and sharp with the good 3D effect that you get with properly collimated optics. After use, especially in damp weather they are always dried thoroughly and allowed to reach room temperature before being put away. Also, I added a packet of dessicant to the case just to make sure. One comment I would make to the few people that have made a complaint about the strap is : You haven't fitted it correctly! After reading their reviews I thought I would test the strap and found that I can hang a weight in excess of 10 kg without the strap breaking or slipping. I rest my case! To the few that think these are rubbish then I can only say that quality control at Olympus was not up to scratch and if you returned for replacement I really don't see how you could be disappointed.
I have a fairly large garden area with multiple bird feeders and already have a great (more expensive) pair of Pentax binoculars that I keep in the house for quickly grabbing and getting a closer look at the birds. However, it got to the point where me and my wife were constantly passing the binoculars to each other to see the birds before they flew away.
I bought these 10x50 Olympus binoculars during Amazon's sale so the already cheap price was a little cheaper again and I must say I'm impressed. They don't feel as well made as other more expensive binoculars, the focus wheel isn't as "fast" as other binoculars and the eye cups don't come close enough together for some users BUT for the money the quality is excellent.
Coming from a photography background, yes there is slight chromatic abberation along high contrast edges in the background but you have to actively look for that. The bokeh (out of focus area) behind the in focus subject is nicely separated and smooth which helps make the subject stand out. They're nice and bright, I don't really use them in low light situations but they are noticeably brighter than my more expensive bincoculars.
The only let down would be size/weight and the accessories. They are big and heavy, couple that with a cheap and thin neck strap that is included and you really wouldn't want to be taking these on a long hike. The strap problem is easily solved, I always attached PeakDesign connectors to my cameras and binoculars so I can use comfy wide PeakDesign straps with them, this helps spread the weight around your neck but if you are looking for a pair of travel binoculars, look elsewhere.
If you want a decent pair of binoculars to keep in the kitchen/conservatory to grab to look at wildlife in the garden, these are for you. You won't care about the extra weight or size because they'll be sat on a coffee table. Likewise, if you keep them in your car and take them to a sporting event (motorsport, horseracing, etc) then they're perfect.