This book is an excellent account of the 25 year study of 400 centenarians in Okinawa, Japan. The secrets of longevity are:
1. fruits and vegetables, little meat
2. canola oil, low chesterol, the ususal
3. exercise, eat small portion, 6 meals per day
4. relaxed life style, close to your family, friends, and community
5. low stress, good weather, swimming
6. always place health over wealth
I visited Dr. Makoto Suzuki in his office 2005. He was 73, but looked 53. He got three female assistants. I have no doubt he practised what he preached. I enjoyed his sage words.
Recent study at Harvard, showed that Korean females in Bergen County, New Jersey averaged 91 and going strong. We all have hopes.
I would recommend this book to everyone. The book will be better if it was less on the recipe and more on the comparisons between Japanese life style, on mainland vs Okinawa.
- Paperback: 608 pages
- Publisher: Michael Joseph; 1 edition (29 January 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780241345603
- ISBN-13: 978-0241345603
- ASIN: 024134560X
- Product Dimensions: 15.3 x 3.6 x 23.4 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 680 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 27,962 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)