Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $51.66 delivery
Oculus Rift S PC-Powered VR Gaming Headset
- Top VR gaming library: Blast, slash and soar your way through the top library in VR gaming. Oculus Rift S lets you play hundreds of games and exclusives already available in the Oculus store, with so much more to come.
- Improved Optics: Stare down the competition with next-generation lenses and a sharper display. Improved optics deliver bright, vivid colors and reduced “screen-door” effect.
- Ergonomic Design: Keep your head in the game thanks to a halo headband redesigned with speed in mind. Rift S stays securely and comfortably in place with a quick twist of the fit wheel, so it can take—or double take—your fastest reactions.
- Oculus Touch Controllers: Arm yourself with our updated Oculus Touch controllers. Your slashes, throws and grabs appear in VR with intuitive, realistic precision, transporting your hands and gestures right into the game. For product related queries please reach out to: support.oculus.com
- Please contact the customer care of the brand if there are any issues faced by the customers.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Amazon's ChoiceCustomers also viewed these Amazon's Choice items
Review this product
142 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The change in the head strap to halo with the way it rests on my face is so much more comfortable. I did not end up with the dreaded Oculus face lol.
The responsiveness of the controllers really surprised me as I was expecting maybe a little bit of jitter or something, but they instead work really well. I tested the tracking radius moving my arms in awkward angles etc to try and see if it would loose the controller location or hand angle, I used the mirror in VR inside VRChat to watch my avatar and see if there was any flaw in the tracking, It only lost my hands a little when they were behind my back. But did a good job of estimating their locations.
The audio is nice and clear and able to be plenty loud enough. However I do agree with the reviewers regarding the audio's lack of bass, which was most noticeable in games such as Beat Saber.
Overall though value for money wise the Rift S is brilliant.
The hand tracking is fairly good, and a good trade off for not having to set up sensors. Edit: Tracking has gotten significantly better since the update, I can play Pavlov fine without tracking issues while aiming rifles.
The screen is good, but not amazing, there is still a screen door effect, but I am willing to forgive these issues for the price.
I also find the sound good.
If you're new to VR and just want something affordable to plug and play with a good selection of established games, then this is it.
My ticket with Oculus is only 1.5 days old (without response), but I've read others on threads who have received no support after 3 days. It's sad because the Rift S was a blast to play with. But I've spent almost 10hrs attempting to implement the myriad 'fixes' out there (from uninstalling / reinstalling all USB drivers to repairing the installation and even buying a new PCI-e 4x port USB 3.0 card) and nothing has worked.
The most frustrating thing is that it seems like tens / hundreds / thousands of others have the same issue, but no direction or help from Oculus. Issue first surfaced in the days following launch (23-24 May) but no firmware or Oculus software fix. Very average.
5 stars when in works (in dreamland)
1 star right now (reality)
I upgraded from the original CV1 and the S is an upgrade in just about every sense.
- Improved optics with bigger sweet spot, larger eyebox, more clarity and less glare/god rays.
- Screen is LCD so not a dark blacks but extra pixels and sub pixels make for a vastly improved image. Using a virtual desktop is now comfortable.
- Ease of use and setup cannot be underestimated.
- Early tracking problems now resolved this is now near perfect tracking covering a much larger area.
- although the inbuilt audio solution is not audiophile certified, it has its benefits for more causal use. The 3.5mm jack on the side makes using 3rd party solutions a breeze.
- Comfort is always going to be subjective but like a new pair of shoes the S has become very comfortable. I do feel it becomes a little warmer than the CV during extended periods but not a huge difference.
Continuing on this, I woke up this morning to snow on the screen and two different brightness calibrations on the lenses, without being able to fix it following all the recommended steps in order to rectify the issue both on their website and the online forums.