People old enough to remember the Starkweather Saga, a multi state killing spree as it was termed at the time, will quickly see the similarities. This fictional account of that episode of American life produces an indepth look at what could have driven the kids involved in the original story to take the wild ride.
The male lead is impossible to like to the same extent that the female is hard to dislike. They are two unloved souls careening around the country desperately clinging to one another. Way too young to be making a last stand, they nevertheless throw it all in on the gamble and take a run for life.
Helluva good story. It ends as you know it will in the first chapter, but what a ride!
No socially redeeming value. No warm fuzzies. Just a damn fine story well told.
- Mass Market Paperback: 220 pages
- Publisher: Carroll & Graf Publishers Inc; Reissue edition (17 January 1997)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0786703881
- ISBN-13: 978-0786703883
- Product Dimensions: 10.8 x 1.9 x 17.8 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 118 g
- Customer Reviews: 14 customer ratings