Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $34.75 Delivery
Nokia Body Black - Weight & BMI Wi-Fi Scale
- INSTANT WEIGHT INSIGHT - See progress during each weigh-in with weight trend screen to stay motivated and know immediately if you are on the right track with BMI.
- HIGHLY COMPATIBLE - this smart scale syncs with Apple Watch plus more than 100 top health and fitness apps including Apple Health, Fitbit and Google Fit.
- AUTOMATIC SYNCHRONIZATION - Data from every weigh-in appears automatically via Wi-Fi in the free Health Mate app (iOS8+ and Android 5+).
- ACCURATE BY DESIGN - Wi-Fi ensures that your measurement is accurate anywhere in the world, and Position Control Technology guides you into the correct stance so that each weigh-in is precise.
- MULTI-USER FRIENDLY - Up to 8 users can weigh themselves and access their personal weight histories, as the scale automatically recognizes who's who.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Meet your accountability partner
Body offers a complete weight tracking experience tailored to individuals seeking easy, effective weight management. Weighing in is just the first step. Each session also provides instant feedback via weight trend and BMI screens, plus automatic sync to a free app on your smartphone, so you can track progress any time, anywhere.
In addition to weight, the scale screen displays a trend screen of your last 8 weigh-ins and automatically calculates your BMI, so you immediately know where you stand.
Ready, aim, achieve
Stay on track by setting a weight goal in the Health Mate app, or by logging food with the built-in nutrition tracking feature. Then sit back and follow your progress as all scale data automatically syncs to the app via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
Invite the whole family
Up to eight users can be automatically recognized, and each person’s data will be independently synced to their Health Mate profile.
Track your child’s growth
Monitor your baby’s weight simply by stepping on the scale while holding them in your arms.
Get support during pregnancy
Expecting mothers can activate Pregnancy Mode to easily and accurately track pregnancy weight gain.
More reasons to step on
Position Control technology delivers highly precise measurements accurate to .2 pounds.
Health Mate pairs with over 100 health and fitness apps to support all your goals.
View a local weather report directly on the scale screen to help you prepare for the day.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The Nokia Smart Scale works as advertised. This thing is really easy to set up and use. Turn on the scale, install the app, sync. If you use other apps, sync those up. I have synced it with a few apps, including MyFitnessPal. I like the tracking aspect of the app, providing a chart of your day to day weight. As someone who analyzes numbers for a living, it's quite sweet. In terms of mindfully keeping track of your weight, I can't imagine a better scale...unless there's one out there that lies to you to spare your feelings.
I regret this purchase BECAUSE it's so easy to use. I put it in front of my closet, and I step on it before I pick my suit for the day. A second or two on the scale and I get my weight, my BMI, and the weather. And since it's winter, I feel like every morning, the scale tells me "You're overweight and it's freezing out. Have a nice day at work while I lie here snoozing all day." It's possibly that the harsh tone of the scale is all in my mind. (At least that's what the voices in my head tell me.)
Seriously though, if you are taking your weight management seriously but want to minimize the effort, this is an excellent product that does what it says it does.
Who knew Nokia still made relevant products?
Cons: The issue with this product is the software (application) piece. The only easy part was adding the scale to the app. Everything else is just all over the place. It's very difficult to understand where different settings are located, where to go in order to perform certain functions, etc...
Adding separate users is a drawn out process without any clear explanation / guide. I ended up creating a bunch of extra unnecessary user accounts and then could not find any way to remove them from the app. I had to go to the FAQ page, click through articles until finally getting the one about deleting users and even then there was a note about the steps in the articles not working at this time another link to an alternate solution.
Similar thing with MyFitnessPal integration. Nokia KB has a note stating that the feature has been removed temporarily and not working but it turned out to be in the app and working fine.
The application and KB articles need to be improved and re-designed.
There are also lack of detailed instructions. The scale comes with a very basic quick start guide but I want a full manual explaining all the options and features. For example, how does the scale automatically recognize users? I am guessing its by weight / BMI but I couldn't find an explanation. Even the PDF document on the web doesn't have full details.
After using this for about a month I am taking off one star. The scale itself is good but the software portion of it is horrible. It's like it has not been tested, reviewed, etc...before putting it out to the consumers. Here is what I have discovered...
1. WiFi Settings - this piece has been poorly designed and has numerous bugs and issues. First, if you have multiple WiFI AP's at your house the Nokia configuration for the scale shows a separate entry for each channel even though the SSID is the same. I am pretty sure that is not how this is supposed to work. It should just pickup one unique SSID with the best signal. That is how every other wireless device that I have performs. So that is one bug which may cause connection issues later.
2. WiFi Signal - the receiver / transmitter seems to be very very weak. Probably because it's powered by 4xAAA batteries. When going through the connection wizard it shows my wireless network with just one bar but from the same spot I have tested with my laptop and phone using various WiFi scanners and I get perfect reception. This leads to another issue...Several times I went through the WiFi configuration to try to "re-connect"...then I noticed that I ended up with 4 entries for my network - all had same SSID and all said they were connected.
This leads to another issues. The application has absolutely no options to view the connection status. Only way to do that is to go through the connection wizard which involves picking up the scale and pushing a button on it. Also, there is no option to disconnect / forget a network. Only way to do that part is to again go through the connection wizard and actually connect to a different SSID.
3. Overall lack of settings - there are no options to reboot the scale. There is no option to factory reset from the app. There is no option to view connection status. There is no option to force sync.
The software developers really need to look into this and address all the issues.
All that said, I like the scale at the price I paid. When on a proper surface, it's accurate compared to another scale I have. Now that everything is connected, and when the scale's WiFi works, it's seamless and helpful.
This literally happened while being repositioned and dropped 1/2 inch onto the floor.
Scale works well and syncs well but now it doesn’t do anything because it’s in the trash.