I give the Nintendo switch 4 stars (actually 4 and half if I could) for the following reasons
1) the screen has never gotten a scratch after hundreds of hours of use. Even with some fairly casual handling a couple of drops. Not a scratch. Maybe I’m lucky, but IMO, the plastic seems sufficiently durable.
2) The joy-con connectivity problem is well-sorted at this point.
3) Free Online play until 2018.
4) I don’t know if I’d call this console “cheap”. For its price point, it is extremely sturdy and well-made.
5) The library is growing fast, with great content. A good library is an important point for a console.
6) Most importantly: It is my all-time favorite gaming system. I’m a Nintendo fan, for sure, but I’ve been primarily a PC gamer for the past few years. I hardly play PC games much right now.