You have to give it to Connelly, he knows his audience. This novel has all his most loved ingredients: a Haller court performance; a cold case that Bosch has to solve; a crime noir, typical of Las Vegas; his daughter in danger, and the final stand-off between Bosch and a clever adversary. Bosch may be aging, but he is definitely not yet out for the count.
It is well written and designed to be a fan pleaser. My only gripe is that four cases was perhaps one too many to keep juggling in my memory over more than a week. It is a perfect airport book, better read in one or two sittings.
- Audible Audiobook
- Listening Length: 10 hours and 3 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Orion
- Audible.com.au Release Date: 22 October 2019
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English, English
- ASIN: B07NGPRR1T
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 92 in Audible (See Top 100 in Audible)