I am a native Russian speaker myself and bought it for my girlfriend to help her learn Russian. This book uses a very outdated vocabulary circa 1980s with many buzzwords from that time. Also, from my girlfriend's feedback: pronunciation explanations are not correct, she said I pronounce words differently for what the book suggests.
I don't recommend this book.
- Paperback: 528 pages
- Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd; 1 edition (28 March 1996)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780140120417
- ISBN-13: 978-0140120417
- ASIN: 0140120416
- Product Dimensions: 13 x 2.5 x 19.8 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 386 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 14,244 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)