'Never Seduce a Scot' is one of those rare books that has an interesting plot while offering an emotionally satisfying romance.
The heroine Eveline Armstrong is badly disabled in a riding accident. Despite this the Scottish King forces her to marry the chief of a warring clan, Graeme Montgomery. The hatred between the Armstrongs and Mongomerys is intense and Eveline is bullied by her new clan. But her husband shows her so much kindness and consideration that she entrusts him with a secret she has hidden for 3 years.
Eveline's courage and vulnerability make her a really engaging character. I like that she doesn't melt the hearts of her new clan as would happen in most HR novels. The prejudice and resentment she faces feels more realistic. Eveline is also brave. Despite being so very vulnerable, a hated stranger and unable to speak, she refuses to be sidelined by her new husband. As a reader I was on her side all the way through to the satisfying end.
- Mass Market Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: BALLANTINE GROUP; 1 edition (16 January 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0345533232
- ISBN-13: 978-0345533234
- Product Dimensions: 10.5 x 2.9 x 17.5 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 200 g
- Average Customer Review: 6 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 159,859 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)