Arlo Baby by NETGEAR Smart HD Baby Monitor and Camera | Two-way Audio | Night Vision | Temperature & Air Quality Sensors | Music Player | Night Light (ABC1000)
- 1080p HD Video Quality - View live or recorded videos in excellent detail and rich color, from anywhere in the world
- 2-Way Wireless Talk - Comfort and talk to your baby from anywhere, whether you're at the office or in the living room; Battery: 2440 mAh rechargeable battery
- Advanced Night Vision - Near-invisible infrared LEDs let you see your baby clearly even in total darkness; Night vision- 940nm LED: illuminates up to 15 feet
- Instant Smart Alerts - Get motion, sound, and air quality notifications sent to your smartphone. Adjustable motion detection up to 50 feet. Wireless range 300 feet line of sight
- Smart Nursery Features - Multi-colored night light, lullaby player, temperature, humidity & VOC air sensors. Monitor and control all features anytime from your smart phone;Works with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Google Assistant, IFTTT - View your live video with a simple voice command and easily integrate Arlo Baby into your smart home
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Why Arlo Baby?
Arlo Baby lets you check in on your baby with just a tap of the finger, from anywhere in the world. Motion and audio alerts are sent straight to your smartphone or email to instantly let you know when your baby is moving or crying. Precious moments are securely recorded with bank-grade encryption – accessible and downloadable anytime from your smartphone. Recordings are saved for 7 days for free.
Baby monitors don’t get smarter than this
Arlo Baby packs a ton of features every new parent will ever need for a nursery. Inside the camera are air quality, temperature, and humidity sensors that alert you when nursery conditions are out of desired range, multi-colored night light, and a music player that plays bedtime melodies or your own. All features can be remotely managed using the Arlo app.
- View your baby or toddler from anywhere at any time.
View your baby at any time from anywhere
View live video and recordings from your phone, tablet, and laptop from anywhere. Traditional monitors are limited by distance. Whether at work or traveling, you can see a live view from your phone.
Versatile mounting and placement
On top of the dresser or on the wall, our mounting options help keep dangerous wires out of your baby’s reach while provide an unobstructed view into the crib (table/wall mount sold separately). The built-in rechargeable battery lets the camera move for temporary monitoring.
With our range of adorable, interchangeable characters, Arlo Baby compliments your nursery’s décor and becomes a part of your family. Puppy, green bunny, and kitten character sold separately.
Smart Home Ready
Arlo Baby works with Amazon Alexa on the Echo Show, Echo Spot, Fire TV, and Fire tablets (4th generation and newer) using simple voice commands. Arlo Baby also works with Apple HomeKit to let you ask Siri to stream video directly to your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.
View live video from anywhere using the Arlo app
Your mobile device is now your powerful display monitor. Never worry about running out of range or being tethered to a parent unit again.
Great for the traveling parent
Stay close to your family even when you're on the road. Precious moments are securely saved for 7 days so you won't miss a thing.
Check in on the babysitter
At work or out on a date night? Check in on the babysitter at any time for peace of mind.
Share camera access with your family
Enable guest access so your family members can easily share precious moments from anywhere in the world.
|Arlo Baby||Traditional Baby Monitors|
|Video resolution||High definition (1080p)||Standard definition (480p)|
|Live view||From anywhere in the world using the Arlo App on iOS, Android, Fire devices or any web browser.||No. Restricted to in-home usage. Short range of coverage.|
|Motion, sound, and air alerts||Instant push notifications to your smartphone or email||No|
|Video recordings and snapshots||Yes. Saved in cloud for 7 days||No|
|Smart home enabled||Works with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, IFTTT, Stringify, and more.||No|
|Cloud storage for past 7 days||Basic plan (no subscription) includes 7 days of securely encrypted cloud storage. Additional storage plans available.||No|
|Air sensors||Temperature, Humidity, Air Quality (VOCs level)||Temperature & Humidity|
|Smart night light||Comes with thousands of colors and a timer, remotely controllable.||No|
|Smart lullaby player||Lullabies, nature sound, and white noise are pre-loaded or can be downloaded for free. Can record and add your own voice.||Some have a limited number of songs. No option to add more songs.|
|Camera mobility||Wire-free camera with rechargeable battery for temporary location monitoring. Move camera around for flexible monitoring and mounting with separate stand and mount.||No. Hard-wired and limited mobility.|
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Update 2 months
Had to retract a few stars on thid device. It's very glitchy and problematic with new firmwarr updates causing connection issues. Seems to be a problem they take weeks to address at times, thus leaving us without a baby monitoring device. Also would recommend iphone folks to stay away from arlo baby as ios updates and arlo updates seem to clash. Can't comment on android devices but on my multiple ios devices it's been a real hassle. Really wanted to recommend this camera but at this point we cannot.
1. Camera gets stuck and gives you the message "The streaming service is reporting that the device is not streaming." How convenient when you just left home for holiday....trying to restart the camera gives another message "The camera is busy and cannot restart."
2. User permissions for friends and family are horrible. You havn't got the slightest flexibility on how to set these. You cannot even temporarily disable somebody's access and re-enable later. No. In their infinite wisdom. netgear requires you to completely remove the account.
3. The sensor readings are way off.
4. Terrible lag when working through the cloud and also through the LAN.
5. The icons for sensitivity (more or less) are wrong and confusing. UX design = FAIL!
6. They use Flash and you must go through hoops to be able to see video in your browser. Who in their right minds would still use Flash instead of HTML 5 in 2018? Almost all modern browsers block FLASH by default.
Was about to buy the Arlo Baby and another Arlo for monitoring but, in the last minute, I decided to just buy one to test it out first. Thank God for that.
The camera managed to reset and restart itself after a few hours, so I am upgrading my rating to 2 stars because of that.
Camera is behaving okay in the last days. I could give it a 2.5 if possible.
Still, the FLASH dependency, the crude permission settings and the inaccurate sensors, are things that need to be fixed.
Unfortunately, this thing, at a minimum had one job. Monitor the baby. It could not deliver. This sucks because I spent months talking my wife into this smart monitor and she kept telling me it wouldn't work. I told her the reviews were good and it was going to be amazing.
First night really using it and 3, yes THREE, devices on the same network could not stay connected. That meant a sleepless night not knowing if the new baby was crying or needing us.
Really.. It had just one job and it failed. Worst of all my wife got to say "I told you so".
I bought this monitor about a month before my child was born because I wanted to make sure I had whatever we we're going to use set up and ready to go.
I read the reviews. Soooo many bad ones. Connectivity issues, picture issues, app issues etc.
I'm not sure if people just aren't setting this camera up correctly or aren't very tech savvy but I haven't encountered a SINGLE issue.
Set up is easy. Plug in, wait for the light to blink, connect to WiFi. Fairly straight forward.
Picture is awesome for what your buying. This isn't a 4k camera. People complaining about picture quality have too high of a bar. I can see exactly what I want to see on my monitor, which is my baby.
Night vision is great.
The Arlo app is awesome. It's user friendly, intuitive, and simple. My wife is NOT into tech. She needs something that just works, no fuss. After 5 min on the app she was navigating Arlo just fine.
The free library of stored images and videos is a huge plus. Subscriptions are available but it not a need for us.
This camera is AT LEAST worth you giving it a try. If something works better then fine, but there's no way Arlo put out as many bad cameras as there are reviews. I feel like some simple tech support would change people's minds on this product.
If you want a baby monitor that works, this is not the solution for you. Recent app updates have made it less unreliable, but it still crashes on a regular basis. I don't think we've made it more than two nights in a row without waking up to silence because it stopped working at some point during the night.