Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $10.65 delivery
Vantrue N2 Pro Dual Dash Cam Dual 1920x1080P Infrared Night Vision Front and Inside Dash Cam (2.5K Single Front Recording) 1.5" 310° Car Camera with Sony Sensor,24 Hours Parking Mode,Motion Detection, Loop Recording & G-Sensor,Support up to 256GB Card
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 【The FIRST DUAL 1080P dash cam on the market】 Based on the powerful Novatek NT96660 CPU, equipped with advanced Sony Exmor IMX323 (rear cam) and OV4689 (front cam) image sensor, the Vantrue OnDash N2 Pro dual 1080P dash cam simultaneously captures the road ahead (170°) and the cabin (140°) in crystal details at dual 1920x1080P 30fps . Or utilize the front cam only to record road ahead at 2560x1440P @30fps or 1920x1080P @60fps, capturing license plates clear.
- 【Infrared Night Vision w/Sony Sensor】F2.0 6-glass lens rear facing cam plus 4 IR LED lights greatly enhances night vision in car at low light environment, making your driving more safer at night. F1.8 6-glass lens front facing cam and unique HDR video system automatically balance the light and dark areas of the video. Simply toggle the night vision status by pressing the power button.
- 【Looping Recording & G-Sensor & Optional GPS】Seamless Loop Recording overwrites the oldest footage with the newest upon filling a card to capacity. Variable sensitivity G-sensor auto detects a sudden shake/collision and emergency locks the footage to "Event File" to prevent that video from an overwrite. Supports up to 256GB microSD cards (Class 10 formatted to FAT32). Optional GPS to track the driving route, location and speed(To use GPS function, please buy an extra gps mount Asin: B07CG9RSVS).
- 【Powerful Functions 】Parking monitor makes the dual cam to automatically record when it detects motion in front of your car Auto start and record when the ignition sparks up Auto LCD OFF timer ensure you won't be disturbed by another glowing rectangle on your windshield Ideal for most climates:-4° to 158°F (-20° to 70°C) Excellent audio recording with built in micphone Time lapse function automatically takes photos at specified intervals.
- 【Total Peace of Mind w/18m Warranty】 Full 18m Warranty, email replies within 24H, and 100% Satisfaction Guarantee Pay less auto insurance Your witness for accidents and insurance claims Perfect for taxis, Uber, lyft drivers, commuters, and families.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Why Choose Vantrue N2 Pro High End Dash Cam? Our Advantages:
- Best dash cam pick by Wirecutter, Business Insider, CNET, BGR, Forbes, Dashcamtalk, Rideshare Central, Therideshareguy, Uberpeople etc.
- The most popular and widely spread uber dash cam for rideshare and taxi drivers in the market
- Reliable: Stable performance thanks to advanced NOVATEK NT96660 processor, powerful Sony Starvis CMOS, 4 infrared LEDs and other features, longer lifespan high end dash cam than other cheaper dash cams.
- Higher Resolution: Unlike typical dash cams that utilize Sony sensors for both cameras, the N2 Pro uses a better OV4689 sensor for its front camera to ensure the best visibility, so in addition to dual 1080P recording, it also comes with 2.5K 2560x1440P@30fps or 1920x1080P@60fps single front recording, which is the best image quality dual dash cam in the market.
- Better Night Vision: The main part of this camera that stands out from the competition is the infrared night vision provided on the interior camera pointed at passengers. While other cameras claim to have night vision, but the Vantrue N2 Pro can provide clear footage even with no lighting.
- Larger memory capacity: Supports external memory capacity up to 256GB to meet your need of long time recording, while the other dash cams in the market are usually 32GB.
- Advanced Parking Mode: Both cameras auto record once the front or inside camera detect movement, which ensures nearly 360° protection when you leave your vehicle unattended, while most dual cameras can only detect movement in front.
- Regular firmware updates to ensure improved features and functionality for maximum quality. You can always improve the performance of your N2 Pro and see the benefits of the numerous new features and functions with latest firmware update.
- Strict quality control and have a professional QC team, with CE, FCC & RoHS certificated.
Warm tips: No card,,support up to 256GB card max. Please DON'T use Sandisk Card and Transend Card.
- 1X N2 Pro Dash Cam with Suction Cup Mount;
- 1X 3ft Mini USB Cable;
- 1X Car Charger with 10ft Mini USB Cable;
- 1X User Manual;
- 1X Quick Guide;
Best Dash Cam for Uber, Rideshare, Lyft Drivers
Vantrue N2 pro is an ideal dual lens dash cam for drivers that will need evidence in the event some rowdy passengers do damage to their car. It includes two cameras that record the road ahead and inside cabin at 1080P, single front camera records up to 2.5K. Built in microphone captured any verbal altercations. It also has 4 infrared sensors, meaning even in complete darkness the camera can capture usable images.
- Processor: NOVATEK NT96660
- Display : 1.5 inch TFT LCD (4:3)
- Image Sensor: Front: OV4689, Rear: Sony IMX323
- Front lens: 170° full 6 layer glass lens with F/1.8 wide aperture. Rear lens: 140° F/2.0 wide aperture lens.
- External Memory: 256GB max, micro sd card of Class 10(No Memory Card
- USB Port: USB 2.0, Mini
- Battery: 250mAh
- Video Playback: Support view on PC(Windows, Vista, Mac)/TV/Dash Cam
Dual 1080P Front and Inside Dash Cam
With a 170° front facing camera and 140° rear facing camera(80° rotatable) in one body, N2 pro shots both front and inside the cabin simutaneously in full hd 1920x1080P 30fps, perfect dash cam for taxis, Uber, rideshare, lyft drivers, commuters, and families, provides drivers and passengers with optimum protection.
2.5K 2560x1440P/30fps or 1920x1080P/60fps
If you don't need the inside recordings you can record with the single front facing camera, the advanced F1.8 front OV4689 lens ensures it to capture crystal-clear videos of the road front at: 2560x1440P/30fps, 2304x1296P/30fps, 1920x1080P/60fps, 1920x1080P/30fps
Sony Sensor Infrared Night Vision
F1.8 6-glass lens front facing cam and unique HDR video system automatically balance the light and dark areas of the video, while Sony IMX323 sensor, F2.0 6-glass lens rear facing cam plus 4 IR LED lights greatly enhances night vision in car at low light environment, which meaning even in complete darkness the camera can capture usable images.
24 Hours Front and Inside Parking Mode
Auto switch to Parking mode when you parked your car. Triggered by the motion detection, the dash cam will auto record once the front camera or inside camera detects motion. The camera needs a constant power supply either from an external battery pack or hardwire(Asin: B073QNDP45).
Time Lapse allow you to record movements, changes, or events that take place over a long period of time, or just captures frames for a time lapse video of a multi-week road trip, greatly saved space on your memory card.
Loop Recording & G-Sensor & 256GB Max
Seamless Loop Recording overwrites the oldest footage with the newest upon filling a card to capacity. Variable sensitivity G-sensor auto detects sudden shake/collision and emergency locks the footage to "Event File" to prevent that video from an overwrite.
Dual Dash Camera with Optional GPS
Optional GPS for you to track the driving route, location and speed in either KM/H or MP/H. To use gps function,extra N2 PRO gps mount to use it(Asin: B07CG9RSVS).
Dash Cam with Audio Recording
Built in microphone and speaker to capture high quality audio clear without distortion. Don't want to record voice? Just one press to turn the microphone off.
|Vantrue N2 Pro Uber Dual 1080P Dash Cam||Vantrue N2 Uber Dual Dash Cam Vantrue S1 dual||Vantrue N1 Pro Mini 1080P Dash Cam||Vantrue T2 Supercapacitor 1080P Dash Cam||Vantrue S1 Front and Rear Dash Cam||Vantrue 4K Dash Cam|
|Image Sensor||OV4689 + Sony IMX323||NT99141 + AR0330||Sony IMX323 Sensor||Sony IMX323 Sensor||Sony IMX327 + IMX323 Sensor||Sony IMX317 Sensor|
|Processor||NOVATEK NT96660||NOVATEK NT96655||NOVATEK NT96658||NOVATEK NT96655||NOVATEK NT96663||Ambarella A12|
|Resolution||Dual:1920*1080 30fps, Single Front 1920x1080 60fps or 2560x1440 30fps||Dual:1440x1080 30fps+1280x720 30fps, Single Front 1920x1080 30fps||1920X1080 30fps||1920x1080 30fps||Dual:1920x1080 30fps, Single Front 2880*2160P 24fps or 1920*1080P 60fps||4K 3840X2160P 30fps, 2560X1440P 60fps|
|Lens||F/1.8,170°+ F/2.0, 140°||F/1.8,170°+ F/2.0, 140°||F/1.8, 160°||F/1.8, 160°||F/1.47,170°+ F/1.8, 160°||F/1.8, 160°|
|Battery & Charging||Built in battery||Built in battery||Built in battery||Supercapacitor||Supercapacitor||Supercapacitor|
|Display||1.5“ inch||1.5“ inch||1.5“ inch||2“ inch||2“ inch||3“ inch|
|Storage||Up to 256GB MicroSD Card||Up to 64GB MicroSD Card||Up to 256GB MicroSD Card||Up to 256GB MicroSD Card||Up to 256GB MicroSD Card||Up to 256GB MicroSD Card|
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Some down-sides is that the interior footage windows can be a little over-exposed but that's a small trade-off which I'm happy to make. The interior white balance and colours can appear to be a bit weird, especially for black colours but that's nit-picking.
Overall great dashcam, and very happy with it - 8.5/10
Then, without warning, it stopped working. Like, totally dead. It had ceased to be.
Thankfully, Amazon came to the party and sent me another, without charge. Go amazon!
The camera worked brilliantly, then, again died in three weeks.
Amazon are sending another one. My third. Let’s see how we go this time.
I’ll change my review if this one lasts more than a month.
I’d love to read a review from someone who has had one last longer than three weeks.
Highly recommend this to anyone, I would be buying another for my 4x4. Jackaroo
It would be nice to have the option to only record when you hit the button to record.
Top international reviews
1. Boxed well
2. Easy to configure (I did not read the directions), was really plug and play
3. Set the date, time, and I left the stock config's.
4. Used in FL heat, could be an issue eventually with the sun, etc
5. Make sure you get a 32gb mini card (at least), it will not store internally.
6. Play back is easy
06.17.18 Fathers day update
1. Coming back from our trip, the unit works great still.
2. BUT, you will not be happy with the mount.
3. Keep a screw driver handy with you as the two screws that hold the unit in place, continuously need to be tightened.
4. After finding a loves truck stop, purchased a cell phone mount to use.
5. Main unit is great, but having to make something means that the unit still needs some R&D.
6. If you read the reviews, many have ran into the same issue.
1. Company reached out and sent a new mount, I have used it now for over two weeks, what a difference.
2. In fact, ordered another unit last week, it came with the new mount, wife loves it.
Closing- Company customer service is OUTSTANDING. Do not send back your unit if your frustrated, drop them an email, they will take care of you. I will definitely be staying on top of their new products for when my kids are older to drive, everyone gets one
- 2 cameras in 1 small lightweight device! They record at the same time and you can watch the 2 videos separately on computer, laptop or phone. Because of this I recommend at least 64 GB micro SD card. I have 16 GB one you can see in the video and it enough for about 12 hours of dual recording. It is not included and you would have to buy it separately;
- amazing night vision quality on both cameras;
- clear instructions come with a quick start guide which makes installation and setup much easier;
- the camera is adjustable many ways, snaps quickly into it's holder unlike some of the others I tried which takes forever to screw in;
- the build in USB port to charge your phone or other device is so incredibly convenient!
This is a great dash cam! Make sure to check the 3 minute video here as well!
So, whether having a video record of your ride sharing experience inside the car, or to dispel the “he-said-she-said” debate following a traffic accident, it is clearly in your best interest to be able to produce video proof.
Obviously, not all dash cams are created equal. Consider your needs before making a decision. In my case I needed a “dual” dash cam with a rear facing camera that would work in complete darkness to capture what is going on inside my car. Some “dual” dash cams claim to have wide dynamic range (WDR) and “night mode”. But if you really need a camera that works in the complete darkness you need an infrared (IR) capable camera WITH an infrared light source built in. The Vantrue N2 Pro Dual Dash Cam w/ Infrared Night Vision provides exactly that.
Other dual dash cams typically have a remote rear facing camera, with a long cable to attach it to the main control unit, while the front facing camera will be built into the main control unit that attaches to your dash or windshield. These are intended to allow you to decide where to put the rear facing camera. Typically facing out the rear window to cover what’s happening behind the car. If you wanted to capture the interior of the car you would attach it to the inside of the front windshield facing the interior of the car.
I originally bought a dual dash cam that claimed to have “night vision”. I installed it and found it to be a really nice camera with a lot of features, however neither camera was rated for infrared (IR) light. After I realized it would not work to capture images of the interior of my car in the dark I bought an external IR light source. This did not help. I contacted the manufacturer and they confirmed that the camera was not rated for infrared light!
I ended up sending both the light source and the camera back and bought the Vantrue N2 Pro Dual. This is a FANTASTIC camera. I won’t quote the specs because they are all in the description, it has an amazing field of view on both cameras and extremely high-resolution video capture (1080p in dual camera mode) with all the features of the first camera I bought and more. I also purchased the GPS module. This is a really cool addition to the camera that also helps to set it apart from the rest. It superimposes your exact GPS coordinates into the video along with your speed. There is a really cool software package available to give you map imagery coordinated with your video. The camera will allow you to insert your license plate number which is also superimposed on the video.
In summary, other “dual dash” cameras claim to be a perfect fit for Uber and Lyft drivers but beware, only cameras that specifically state that they are infrared (IR) capable with an integrated IR light source (LEDs) are truly rated to capture images in complete darkness. If you go with a camera that is not rated for IR you will find that unless you are in a brightly lit area, or it is daylight, you will not be able to capture what is going on inside your car!
If I were to find any fault with this particular camera it would be the following:
• Memory card is NOT included. Most of the cheaper cameras come with one (~$13.00 for 32GB)
• GPS is not built in and costs another $22.00
• I would prefer a rearview mirror mount. The ideal position for this camera to mount would be just below the rearview mirror. The suction cup mounts can’t facilitate this.
This camera is on the high end in cost, but in this case you definitely get what you pay for.
> Very highly recommended. Don't mess with cheapos.
> Setting up is extremely easy. Matter of fact just pop in Micro SD card and that's it.
> Video quality is great. Tiny LCD is very useful. Cabin camera and Audio recording work great.
> The size is really compact, almost disappears/blend in front of the room mirror and behind the glare of the front windshield.
> Quick Start guide may be all you need and it's in English !!! (NOT Chinglish :P)
Now, this is for those (like me) who like to do a bit of research before purchasing anything.
I am not going to go in fast shipping the nice packaging and all that. That was all great! But I am going to break the review down to what I was looking for in a dash camera.
SIZE: I was totally amazed by the size of this thing. Did not expect it to be this small and compact. That was one of my main concern while purchasing a dash cam. My car has been broken into once and the dash cam was stolen. And I think that was mainly because the camera looked just like a GoPro (Yi Smart Dash Camera). Anyways, I installed it right in front of the room mirror and it's really hard to tell if there is something in there or not. It blends with the black back of room mirror and the glare of the front windshield really helps, making it a nice stealthy camera.
BUILD QUALITY: When you are spending like $200 you expect quality. And I have to say this camera is very well built and feels the premium product in the hand. Only time will tell how well it will do in this hot summer and coming cold a$$ winter. But I have a positive feeling that it should definitely hold up.
SETUP: I received my order right before I was leaving to run some errands. I really could not hold myself, so I opened the box turned the camera on and I was on my way within 3-4 minutes. It was super easy to set up. Basically, I did not have to do anything. The factory defaults were just perfect, I basically cycled through all the settings a couple of times and that's it. It has two different places to attach the power cable (nice and long!), on the side of the camera or on the windshield mount! Very cool! So if I wish to take the camera out or detach for whatever reason (data transfer), it is very convenience to do so. The attachment works great.
* The date format is DD/MM/YY which is annoying for me. Common you guys, this is US MM/DD/YY is what we understand here.
VIDEO QUALITY: This is the most important factor when it comes to dash cam. Without a good quality video, the device is useless. I have been recording only in 1440p and it looks really great. I can read license plates just fine, the FOV is enough to cover a good amount of front of the vehicle and night vision is not bad at all (a lot better than I was expecting - not the greatest for sure).
* One gripe about the resolution of the video is you can only record in 1080p 30 when you are also recording cabin (inside). The 1080p 60 and 1440 30 is useless if you want to record inside as well.
DATA TRANSFER: This is really not of my concern at all, because you can pop out the Micro SD from the camera and/or detach the camera very easily from the windshield mount. However, they use Mini USB port, which IMO is ancient. Good thing it comes with a cable and the Micro SD I purchased also came with an adapter. Once again really does not matter but a Micro USB or even Type C would have been great!
EXTRAS: The camera has few more extra features which could be useful for some people. Snapshot, Timelapse and the Parking Mode. Because it has a built-in battery it will record while the vehicle is parked. Timelapse looks really amazing and could be really useful say if you are a Vlogger or just want to make a video of where you going or even what is happening in front of you etc. The User Manual is actually very very useful and totally in English (LOL). It's not Chinglish, great work you guys!
FINAL THOUGHTS: I am glad I purchased this camera instead of messing around with cheaper options. And I highly recommend it to anybody who has a need to record cabin and audio as well as catch those idiot drivers out there. I am giving it Full 5 Stars.
I wanted a camera that was 360 degrees but the ones I looked at fell short on video quality. Then I came across this camera. They say this is for Uber, etc. but seriously, who wouldn't want coverage of your rear and sides?? Cars can rearend you or hit you from the sides even more than the front of the car! We need the full coverage of two cameras!
The Vantrue N2 Pro has TWO 1080p cameras (front and back) almost covering 360 degrees. If anyone hits my door now, I have this camera recording full time. It also completely covers the view out the rear windshield in 1080p so if anyone rear-ends me, it's all on camera. Both my side windows are visible (I can adjust the camera to get more coverage too) so if anyone hits me from the side, it's covered.
I feel much SAFER parking and driving now. Also the camera itself is a deterrent from someone doing something to my car on purpose. Because people can see it (it's very good looking in the windshield) and also has a blue glow on the adapter that may scare people away so they don't mess with my car.
Things I like:
1. Picture quality is 1080p forward AND backward!
2. Sound quality is great.
3. NIGHT VISION for inside car!!!
4. Two cameras simultaneously.
5. Bright colorful images.
6. Lots of features such as auto night vision (so you don't have to set it manually), emergency file protection (if you have a smaller card and you want to protect a segment from being overwritten, etc.
7. It looks good.
8. You can easily move it in all angles. You can also adjust the rear camera separately.
9. Solid build.
10. If you don't want to use the rear camera, you can use super high res for the front (1440p).
I also heard you can save money on car insurance with these so I'm going to call my car insurance tomorrow.
In summary, this is the best dash cam out currently and also covers your rear (no pun intended!). :o)
UPDATE: I also bought the hardwire kit. I'm glad I did because I don't like wires hanging all over and this is a 100% concealed kit. The Vantrue has another port on top for the plug and so you just route the wire along the top of the windshield (it tucks right in without any special tools), then I pulled off my a-pillar cover (just snaps out), pulled off a panel on the side where it vents into the door (also just snaps off), unplugged a fuse and plugged it into the correct wiretap, and then plugged in the Vantrue wiretap and DONE!!! It's a <10 minute job!!!
The setup and recording features are pretty straight forward. I'm still a little unclear on exactly what the "parking feature" does exactly, and it wasn't really explained in the manual very well. It basically sounds like it will just record after you turn the car off. Everything else was very clear and apparent. I'm not thrilled about having to manually format the thing every few weeks, as the manufacturer recommends, but I plan on getting in the habit of pulling footage off of it regularly, so it won't be too much of an inconvenience. If you want a set-it-and-forget-it-, though, this might not be the product for you.
The self facing camera is really good. I was surprised at how much of the inside of the car it covers! During one test, I thought I had it pointed solely at me and not the passenger in the passenger seat, but the camera managed to pick up both of us easily.
Sound is really good. Me and my passenger were talking at a normal volume and the camera picked it up really well. This also means it will pick up the radio or whatever you have going in the background.
I'm a little underwhelmed at the lighter-to-mini display cable. It's extremely long, and is meant to wind around the inside of your vehicle. Right now it seems like way too much of a pain to bother, so I just keep a majority of it tied up sitting in a compartment on my dash, and have it dangle down directly from the camera. No big deal, just a little ugly. There are instructions online for a couple of ways to address this. Keep that in mind before buying.
Overall, I recommend getting this dashcam if you are on a budget, just MAKE SURE you pick up an SD card (I went with the 64GB), and the "upgrade" mount. I bought all three separately and had to wait significantly longer then I wanted to because of it.
The battery dies as soon as I switch off the car, so I have to use a powerbank of 20000 mA that only lasts around a day and a half.
Very expensive for the characteristics it offers.
It's quite amazing to find a company that takes Pride in their product and their support for their customers there was a design flaw in this GPS mount they took their time and redesigned it remanufactured it shipped it out and fix the problem I am very much impressed fantastic communication throughout the whole process and I ended up with a better design better feeling about my investment in this phenomenal company thank you so much for your patience and your customer service I am now once again a happy customer and will definitely keep referring
the mount come loose and the camera will not hold stable. it is a bad design and the GPS mount is no better. I was not going to post a review but got an email from the seller asking for one . so here it is . it is junk do not order it unless they did the problem. I shuld have returns it but it is hard wires i my car now but it will not hold stedy so it is not good.
Just like other reviewers mentioned I had issues with the swivel mount where just days after installing the cam it became very loose. The product support was very responsive and contacted me the following day of reaching out to them. They sent me a replacement the day after I contacted them. The manufacture states that they have been in contact with their supplier to make the swivel out of a different material to prevent this from happening. So if you get one with a defective mount make sure to contact them on their web page and they will make it right.
-Great video quality both day and night.
-Good options to tweak your videos.
-Very intuitive and easy to understand controls.
-The buttons are easily accessible and are placed in good positions.
-Excellent customer support.
-Build quality seems very good. The plastic is not cheap plastic that you see in less expensive dash cams.
-Somewhat spendy for what you get. At this price point I would expect to have WiFi options and at least a capacitor based system rather than a battery.
-Has a Lithium battery instead of a capacitor. If you know much about batteries you know they don't like heat. Since this is right up on the windshield it will be getting very hot which will probably reduce the life span.
-Included swivel mount is very weak, although the new one is supposed to correct this.
Even with the cons I rated this as a 5 star system mainly because the dash cam works as advertised and the superior video quality compared to my last two dash cams.
Just a last tip for people that may not think of this. When you get the dash cam please go to Vantrue's web site and download then install the latest firmware. This firmware update greatly improves the video quality. I'm in the IT field and I always look for updated firmware with my electronics but I'm sure a lot of people don't do this.
Over all, it is a great dash cam for $200. Remember to buy a micro SD card since it doesn’t come with one. Also there’s a separate GPS mounting unit for $20 if you want GPS stamps on your files.
My previous review I mentioned the flawed mount, but Vantrue listens to their customers and were quick to update the mount and this one’s ball swivel is way sturdier than the previous one.
If you’re a Vantrue customer and have a bad mount, just like them on Facebook, DM then your amazon order number and they will send you an updated mount for free. Five huge stars for their amazing customer service!
Very good resolution: See the photos. Both interior and exterior resolutions are good. Interior of my car is black leather and the person is wearing dark blue jacket but the camera still shows a good image. I redacted the face but details are pretty good. Vehicle license plate numbers can be read on 1080P (outside)/1080P(inside). The menu also offers a higher resolution but then it does not offer dual camera views.
Easy setup: Good suction cup/holder is very steady and not shaky. Well built, plug and play as the factory setting is already good for most users. Menu and buttons are simple and easy to understand. Good user interface.
Excellent/responsive customer: Customer support by email is very responsive and genuinely interested in resolving a customer’s concerns and issues. It generally takes 1 or 2 days to response but they do get back to you. They also don’t hesitate to offer exchange a defective dash cam under warranty after trouble shootings.
Optional GPS: Quick fix GPS antenna and enables speed of a vehicle stamps on video files.
Suggestion: Use good quality micro SD cards made for frequent write/delete like SanDisk High Endurance Video Monitoring. Check once in a while to make sure the files are not corrupted. Reformat every 1 or 2 weeks. Keep one extra SD card as backup. Throw away and get a new one if SD cards keep corrupted or turns on/off the dash cam. Also, always use OEM cable and charger. Connect USB directly to the dash cam rather than through the holder or GPS antenna if you are having any power issue. Update firmware only if necessary so that you know if the dash cam experiences some issues you can spot the issue.