We tried several different brands and styles of diaper bags, mostly because these Arm & Hammer ones aren't exactly the cheapest on the market, but we came back to these after being unhappy with other brands.
When it comes down to it, a diaper bag needs to fill one basic function: contain a dirty diaper AND its odor. If it can't do that, it doesn't matter what it looks like, how easily it closes, or what it's made of. With that in mind, here's why I find these bags superior to others we have tried:
1) They are just tough enough. In other words, if they were any thinner they might tear too easily, but if they were any thicker they would be unnecessarily thick and heavy. They strike the right balance between toughness and compactness.
2) They don't have drawstrings or any other fancy ties. While this may seem like a downside, consider what drawstring trash bags look like when you cinch them shut: no matter how tightly you pull the strings, the bag never really closes completely; there's always a small hole there, right? Normally that's not a big deal, but if the bag happens to contain a dirty diaper, even a small hole won't do -- trust me. So if you want to close these bags tightly, you have to tie a simple knot in them, which DOES seal the odor in.
3) They are compact: the roll of 30 bags is very small, making them easy to transport, even inside the plastic dispenser.
Lest I get too carried away, here are a few things I DON'T like about these bags:
1) Their smell. It's billed as "lavendar," and I suppose that's what it is, but I'm not a fan. Fortunately it's not a super strong odor, so it hasn't been tough to tolerate, and it does smell better than the bags' contents...
2) The dispenser. It's simple and compact, but getting a bag out of it can take some fiddling. On the other hand, it's easy to rotate the roll within the dispenser so that the bags are unlikely to come out on their own.
3) The price. But again, I tried less expensive diaper bags from several other brands and kept coming back to this one. This is a case where you do, apparently, get what you pay for.
Munchkin's Arm and Hammer diaper bags and dispenser offer an easy diaper disposal solution no matter where you are. The bags are infused with baking soda and scented with lavender for a one-two punch against nasty diaper smells, while the dispenser clips to your diaper bag, purse or stroller, making it convenient as can be. The pack contains 1 bag dispenser and 24 bags.