Mr. Beams MB720A Sleep Friendly Battery-Powered Motion-Sensing LED Stick-Anywhere Nightlight with Amber Color Light (1-Pack) White
|Price:||+ $9.18 Delivery|
- Designed For Sleep Areas: Bedrooms, Bathrooms And Hallways. Amber Light Provides Soft Safety Lighting For Getting Up During The Night And Waking Up In The Morning
- Sleep-Friendly Amber Led Emits 20 Lumens Of Soft Light At 600 Nm, Which Makes It Easier To Fall Asleep And Has Been Proven To Not Disrupt Sleep
- Designed To Get Approximately One Year'S Worth Of Light On Each Set Of Batteries (Not Included) With Average Use Of 8-10 Activations A Night
- Motion And Light Sensors Allow The Light To Turn On Only When Motion Is Detected In The Dark. Auto Shut Off After 30 Seconds Of No Motion Helps Prolong Battery Life
- Battery Powered For Wireless Installation In Less Than 5 Minutes With The Included Screws Or Double-Sided Adhesive
Amazon Global Store
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Sleep Better with Amber Night Lights
The Amber Stick Anywhere Light was specifically developed and created to not disturb your sleep. Combined with Mr Beams' signature technologies, the Amber Stick Anywhere Light's intuitive design makes it the perfect choice for bathrooms, hallways and bedrooms.
-Amber light has been shown to not disrupt sleep.
-Motion activated with auto shut off to prolong battery life.
-Installation takes less than 5 minutes with the included screws and double-sided adhesive.
- 20 lumens
- 600nm light wavelength (amber)
- Motion activated from up to 15 feet
- 30-second auto shut off
- 10 sq ft light coverage
- Battery powered (4 AA batteries per light, not included)
Automatic Safety Lighting Features
Blue light has been scientifically proven to disrupt sleep and suppress melatonin, which helps us have a good night's sleep. Red and amber light, however, have been shown to be more conducive to sleep.
Motion Activated with Auto Shut Off
The Amber Stick Anywhere Light includes Mr Beams' signature technologies, such as motion activation and auto shut off, so the light is only on when it's needed to prolong battery life.
Where to Use the Amber Stick Anywhere Light
Install the light in less than 5 minutes with the included screws and double-sided adhesive in bedrooms, bathrooms and hallways for a better night's sleep.
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
|Light coverage (sq ft)||20||10||10||10|
|Motion detection range (ft)||up to 15||up to 15||up to 15||up to 10|
|Auto shut off (seconds)||20||30||30||20|
|Standing design/no installation||✓|
Frequently shopped for in related categories
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
3 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
For trips to the restroom during sleeping hours, an AMBER-color light is less sleep-disrupting than a WHITE-color light. Plus, an amber-color light is less likely to disturb a sleeping partner.
I've tried a competitor's motion-sensing light that claimed to produce an "amber" light. However, the competitor product did not produce a true "amber" light (see photo). The Mr. Beams MB720A produces a soft and non-disrupting amber light; yet, it adequately lights a dark hallway or walking area.
If it was wasn't the bad design of the MB720A, the product would have earned a 5-star overall rating.
The physical design of the Mr. Beams MB720A is where this product falls down. I found four design elements that need improvement.
1) NO OFF/ON SWITCH: The MB720A does NOT have a simple ON/OFF switch. (The competitor product I tested does have an On/Off switch.)
There are special times when this product needs to be manually turned off - such as replacing batteries. There are also times when the light needs to remain on continuously (until turned off manually).
Without a simple On/Off switch, (A) the product can not remain illuminated for specific occasions, and (B) the only means of stopping battery drain is to remove the unit from the wall and remove the batteries. (This is very inconvenient and increases battery cost - four AA batteries are required and they are not included.)
2) NO TIMER CONTROL: The MB720A does not have the ability for the user to control the amount of time the light remains on. The motion sensor turns off the light somewhere between 20 to 30 seconds of non-movement.
Depending on where the light is physically placed, there are times when a longer illumination period would be helpful (such as walking in long hallways). Also, there are times when the light is illuminated for an unnecessary duration, thus wasting battery life. A simple 10/20/30 second timer switch, as I've seen on other motion sensor products, would resolve light duration issues and save battery cost. (A competitor product I tested does have a timer control switch.)
3) MOUNTING PLATE: The MB270A mounting plate does not cover the entire back of the product. Instead, the mounting plate only covers half of the backside of the product, which makes it impossible to mount the product completely flush to the wall for a more "built-in" look. The manufacturing material cost to correct this design flaw would be less than one cent per unit.
4) BATTERY COMPARTMENT: The battery compartment of the MB270A is secured by TWO SCREWS that are inconvenient to remove and it requires a screwdriver. The product is 100% lightweight plastic, so having two screws to hold a flimsy battery compartment cover in place is not only inconvenient, but it is also a waste of time when accessing the battery compartment. (The competitor product I tested has a convenient pop-off battery compartment cover that does not require a tool to remove.)
The Mr. Beams MB720A produces a soft, non-disturbing AMBER nightlight. The amount of light produced by the required FOUR AA batteries is adequate to illuminate a walking area or small hallway, but the light is not too bright to disturb a sleeping partner.
If it wasn't for the designed flaws mentioned above, I would highly recommend this product. However, until these flaws are resolved, the Mr. Beams MB720A is on my "NOT RECOMMENDED" list.
After extensive research into different night lights I decided to purchase these. We placed two of them on the floor of the bedroom against two different walls and one on the floor of the bathroom itself (it's a large bathroom). Because they are on the floor they do not pick up any movement on the bed, but as soon as either of us steps out of bed they turn on and provide plenty of light on the floor, but because the light is warm and directed downward, it does not bother the other person who is still in bed. They all then turn off by themselves 20 seconds or so after they stop detecting motion.
And the best part is, I didn't even have to mount these on a wall (though doing so looks very easy). We just set them on the floor against the wall and they work perfectly.
Voila. No more stubbed toes, and no more scaring me to death at two o'clock in the morning.
In comes this guy, motion activated so it won't run all night, battery operated so it's not pulling unnecessary electricity all day, light-sensing so it won't go off during daylight.
I've noticed that the motion sensor isn't terribly wonderful- I pretty much have to be directly in front of it for it to go off- but set up in a hallway directly outside the bedroom, that shouldn't be an issue. I plan to set up another in the bathroom itself and then one in the kitchen.
If I could improve on this product, I'd offer the option to switch between 30 seconds, 1 minute and 5 minutes on the auto light-off feature. Just sayin', 30 seconds is a little short for your midnight bathroom run. Deducted one star because my toilet's 6 feet from the sensor and it couldn't sense me there so the sensor turned off after 30 seconds leaving me guessing for the end of the race. Either a better sensor or a longer timer option could've resolved this issue. Still a great product, can find a use for it in multiple other places in my home, so I will be buying (and have bought) again.