Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Monster Musical Chairs: Level 1: Subtracting One Paperback – 30 January 2001
Enhance your purchase
“Kids, young and old, fall in love with math when they see how real-life and effortless it becomes thanks to these books.” —Kimberly D. Mueller, Ed.D., First Grade Teacher, Ashbrook School, Lumberton NJ
Monster Musical Chairs is perfect for teaching subtracting one to pre-K through kindergarteners. Every time the music stops, one more monster is OUT! Kids won't be able to sit still for this musical introduction to subtraction at its simplest.
Kids will love the story and the funny illustrations by Scott Nash. Parents and other educators will love how the story and pictures make understanding comparisons a breeze—as well as the concrete examples of how math works! The book contains activities for adults to do with kids to extend math into their own lives!
Math skills are life skills, and the MathStart series supports success!
- This award-winning series by Stuart J. Murphy teaches math through stories and visual models
- 63 books divided into three levels with 21 books in each
- Fun activities kids will love are included to help parents and teachers emphasize the lessons
- Engaging and relatable stories, with each story revolving around practical applications of the math concept presented
- Lively art from top-notch illustrators
- Charts and other visual representations help children understand how the math works and promote deeper comprehension
MathStart's unique combination of stories, illustrations, and visual models helps teachers and parents in the teaching of math and provides all children with the opportunity to succeed.
The math concepts taught in MathStart books conform to state and national standards. Level 1 is Pre-K–Kindergarten; Level 2 is Grades 1–3; Level 3 is Grades 2–4. The series follows math topics across grades so there is a foundational path to learning that runs through the levels.
Help kids with their math skills plus their reading skills with the engaging and fun MathStart series!
Frequently bought together
From the Back Cover
Monster Musical Chairs
Every time the music stops, one more monster is OUT! Kids won't be able to sit still for this musical introduction to subtraction at its simplest.
About the Author
- ASIN : 0064467309
- Publisher : HarperCollins US (30 January 2001)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 40 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9780064467308
- ISBN-13 : 978-0064467308
- Reading age : 4 - 8 years
- Dimensions : 24.92 x 0.23 x 20.32 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 322,922 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
kids can count the chairs and monsters and subtracting it as the story goes along.