Other Sellers on Amazon
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Modern Vegan Baking: The Ultimate Resource for Sweet and Savory Baked Goods Paperback – 23 January 2018
Explore your book, then jump right back to where you left off with Page Flip.
View high quality images that let you zoom in to take a closer look.
Enjoy features only possible in digital – start reading right away, carry your library with you, adjust the font, create shareable notes and highlights, and more.
Discover additional details about the events, people, and places in your book, with Wikipedia integration.
Enhance your purchase
The ultimate guide to real vegan baking--Modern Vegan Baking is your best resource for creative, substitution-free treats that are both savory and sweet
With new ingredients like agave, arrowroot, and aquafaba, vegan baking is every bit as delicious and exciting as traditional baking. Mixing inventive ingredients and cutting-edge methods, professional vegan baker and blogger behind Gretchen's Vegan Bakery Gretchen Price shows just how delicious substitution-free cooking can be. With 125 recipes, plus step-by-step tutorials, Modern Vegan Baking provides a variety of tried and tested recipes for anyone who enjoys vegan baking.
Modern Vegan Baking contains:
- 125 Vegan Baking Recipes for making both savory and sweet treats, including must-have classics and innovative creations
- Easy-to-Follow Instructions for new vegan baking techniques and ingredients
- Helpful Extras including a complete guide to vegan baking substitutions
Recipes in Modern Vegan Baking include: Triple Chocolate Glazed Donuts, Rosemary and Fig Focaccia, Lemon Lavender Shortbread, Pumpkin Pie with Oat Nut Crust, and much more!
Taste how much better baking without butter can be with these creative and dairy-free delicacies!
Frequently bought together
From the Publisher
Sample Recipe: Rosemary and Fig Focaccia
Prep Time: 90 minutes / Bake Time: 30 minutes / Cooling Time: 5 minutes / Yield: About 15 servings
- Sprinkle the yeast over the warm water and let stand for about 5 minutes until it becomes frothy.
- Combine the flour, rosemary, sugar, and salt in the food processor and blend evenly.
- While blending, add ⅓ cup of the olive oil and the yeast mixture through the feed tube, until a soft sticky dough is formed.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead several times to a soft, pliable dough. You may need a tablespoon or two of flour to make it less sticky.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl covered with plastic wrap and place in a warm spot to double in size, for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Spray the sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Once the dough has doubled, stretch it to fit the sheet pan in an even layer. Brush the entire surface with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and layer with the chopped figs.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly before slicing and serving.
- 1 cup (240 milliliters) warm water (90ºF to 110ºF)
- 3½ cups (440 grams) all-purpose flour, plus additional if needed
- ¼ cup fresh minced rosemary (or 2 tablespoons dried rosemary)
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon (6 grams) table salt
- ⅓ cup (110 milliliters) plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound (about 2 cups) fresh figs, sliced in half or quartered if they are large
"OMG it's FINALLY here!!! The best vegan recipes from Gretchen's bakery! I am so excited to start working my way through her cookbook. WOW! These recipes are amazing, taste delicious, AND are cruelty free!"--Laurie, The Icing Artist (theicingartist.com)
"Gretchen has made the vegan baking bible! If you are baking vegan food for non-vegans this book is my weapon of choice."--Mic the Vegan
"Gretchen's gorgeous vegan baking is now in book form! Even if you're not vegan, it's packed full of recipes that will suit everyone, which also makes it the perfect gift!"--Nick Makrides from the Scran Line (thescranline.com)
About the Author
GRETCHEN PRICE is a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America and has over 20 years of experience in the professional baking industry. After owning and running her bakery, Gretchen dedicated herself to promoting the endless possibilities in the world of vegan baking from her blog, Gretchen's Vegan Bakery. Gretchen bakes delicious treats from her kitchen in New Jersey.
- Publisher : Rockridge Press (23 January 2018)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 296 pages
- ISBN-10 : 162315961X
- ISBN-13 : 978-1623159610
- Dimensions : 20.07 x 2.03 x 24.89 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 131,779 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
It also uses black pages with a bold blue print which in kindle are impossible to read.
Wish I’d read the reviews as to me a cookery book without pictures is so uninspiring.