I did learn a little about work holding, but because I don't have access to a lathe, I can't do most of the projects in the book. I tried to find unfinished angle plate castings, but the ones that I did find were actually more expensive than finished ones. The book also does not really cover tramming the mill or mill vise.
I'm sure there must be projects he could have included that would not have required custom-made screws or shafts. Micrometer stands can be made cheaply from scrap pieces of plate and angle and a few pieces of aluminum, and knobs that you can purchase from home improvement stores.
- Paperback: 144 pages
- Publisher: Special Interest Model Books; Illustrated edition (20 May 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1854862324
- ISBN-13: 978-1854862327
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 1.3 x 21 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 122 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 80,728 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)