Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 (Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 128GB) - Platinum (Newest Version)
+ $28.08 Delivery
Import Fees Deposit Included
We will collect the Import Fees Deposit at the time of your purchase and use it to cover applicable taxes and duties on import. Learn more . Import Fees Deposit shown above may change depending on your chosen shipping option and the items in your basket during checkout.
- Clean, elegant design thin and light, starting at just 2.76 pounds, Surface Laptop 2 fits easily in your bag
- Choose from rich tone on tone color combinations: Platinum, Burgundy, and Cobalt Blue
- Improved speed and performance to do what you want, with the latest 8th Generation Intel Core processor
- All day battery life, with up to 14.5 hours of video playback. Vibrant 13.5 inches PixelSense Display with interactive touchscreen and razor sharp resolution
- The Windows you know comes with Windows 10 Home
Amazon Global Store
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I got this as a Christmas gift for my wife, whose 6-year-old Macbook Air needed replacing. I myself am a happy Surface Pro user (multiple generations) and a fan of what Microsoft has been doing with their OS and hardware. So I convinced my wife to try the Laptop 2 -- I knew the Surface Pro or Surface Book wouldn't be what she needed, but the SL2 could be just the ticket.
Especially based on reviews -- everyone gushed over how straightforward and effective this machine is, while being beautiful at the same time.
So I order one for her. Have it shipped all the way to the Philippines. It takes a couple of weeks, and I'm all excited to get her moved to her new machine. Finally, the box arrives. She opens it, marvels at the industrial design of it, thanks me for her new toy. Then she hits the power button.
And it goes into a Windows logo boot loop. No other hint of activity -- no attempt to load the OS, no spinning circles, no booting into safe mode, no UEFI screen, not even a BSOD. Just that damned Windows logo boot loop. I try all sorts of hard reset key combinations, spend hours creating recovery disks and trying to get the machine to run. I spend hours chatting with Amazon reps and Microsoft reps. All sorts of little things go wrong, on top of this major letdown.
In the end, the machine still won't run. Maybe the replacement on the way will be better. But as "first" experiences go (my wife's first with the new generation of Microsoft machines, and My first with the Laptop line) (and being a happy, happy customer of the Surface Pro line) -- this was incredibly, unendingly painful, and frustrating.
Microsoft has no business shipping a $1000+ machine that doesn't even work out of the darned box. This, for me, is a major burn as both a Microsoft and Amazon customer.
Zero stars if I could give it, because I had pretty high expectations, and was severely let down.
- Beautiful touchscreen display: This stands out when comparing it to the MacBook Pro. The display between the Mac and the Surface is very similar but touch capability makes it easier than being limited to the touchpad only. I have to say my hand tends to stay on the touchpad anyways but the option of swiping or tapping the screen can make certain tasks easier to do. The laptop has decent brightness if you are working outdoors, although like pretty much any laptop you shouldn’t be working on it in direct sunlight for the best results.
- Amazing performance: I personally haven’t compared the Surface Laptop 2 side by side to the MacBook Pro to get a decent comparison but the Surface definitely gets the job done. Whether I’m video editing or browsing the web the Surface runs all of these programs smoothly. With at least 8GB of ram you can run several tasks at once without any delay, it stood up to just about everything I threw at it. As long as you’re not hardcore gaming on it the laptop runs smoothly
- Amazing design: The design has stayed the same from last years model. The metal design on the outside of the laptop gives it a very smooth finish and premium feel. The laptop also has the alcantara fabric around the touchpad and keyboard which makes typing on the laptop easier on your wrists. Along with the design the laptop is fairly light and easy to carry around without too much effort.
- Battery life: The battery life is decent on the laptop. With the high end processor and display it makes sense why the battery doesn’t meet up to some people’s expectations. I can get through a solid 6 - 7 hours of web browsing and occasional videos on a single charge. The charging cable for the laptop is compact so bringing it along shouldn’t be a problem.
Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C: Despite the features on this laptop it lacks Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C ports. Although it’s basically an upgrade from last years model it would have been nice if they implemented both of these in the laptop, but personally it isn’t a deal breaker.
Windows 10 Home: This laptop comes with Windows 10 Home, not the Pro version. This isn’t any issue for me as much since I don’t use any of the extra features the pro version provides. But BEWARE, this comes with Windows 10 Home.
This laptop should suite most people in their day to day tasks. The performance should meet or exceed your expectations if you have a laptop older than 4 years so if you’re looking for an upgrade this is definitely worth the buy. Keep an eye out for sales on the Surface Laptop 2 to get a even better deal for an amazing laptop!