I picked this up for my five year old daughter and it was a huge hit. I'll go through the six tricks and give my opinion.
1. King to Queen - Changes a King to a Queen when you flip over an oversized card. You have to be careful with this one to maintain the illusion but it's a nice simple but effective trick.
2. Zig-Zag Numbers - Easily the weakest of the tricks. I don't even get how it's supposed to fool anyone. One of the pieces of cardboard that you slide into the frame was damaged so it couldn't be slid in and out. I pretty much just ignored this trick.
3. Color-Changing Silk - Biggest hit of all the tricks. With a little practice your child can pull off a pretty neat illusion as they quickly change red and blue scarfs into green and purple.
4. Long & Short Card Illusion - This is a simple optical illusion that one fool many adults but leaves children mystified.
5. Magical Wand - This is going to be a challenging trick for children with small hands and weak grips but the wand can be used in conjunction with other tricks for a bit of showmanship.
6. Rope Cutter - Probably the most effective trick. Even my wife was confounded. It's also very easy for a child to pull off.
These are not super high quality tricks but as an introduction to magic I think they are very good. Zig-Zag Numbers is the dud of the group but Rope Cutter and Color-Changing Silk are worth the price of admission.
It's a snap to learn and perform these professional caliber magic tricks! the tricks in this collection, geared for kids four and older, are simple to master, yet truly amazing to behold. The 10-piece set includes a king-to-queen card, rope cutter, color-changing silk, a zig-zag number Slicer, a card stretching illusion, and a magic wand that shrinks and grows! easy-to follow illustrated instructions help budding magicians learn the secrets behind these classic tricks that are sure to wow audiences of all ages!.