My Pod allows you to play all the popular podcasts, upload your own MP3’s, create your own custom playlists of podcasts, audio and video links, audio / text RSS feeds, internet radio, audio books and much more!
*** Go to https://www.mypodapp.com to get started. ***
Just some of the great features:
- Just ask for any popular podcast and My Pod will begin playing it for you. - Add your favourite podcasts to a playlist and My Pod will remember and resume where you left the next time you play. - Link to any normal web site and get Alexa to read the main content to you for example news or sites which don’t provide an RSS / Atom feed. - Protected links in the case of subscription podcast links are supported. - Play audio and video files and folders shared on Amazon Drive, Dropbox, Onedrive and Google Drive (Please note: Right-click on Google Drive file and click 'Get shareable link' to paste in to My Pod). - Upload your MP3’s directly to My Pod for instant playback.
It’s really easy to get started:
1. Enable the skill and link your Amazon account by signing in via the Alexa app.
2. Either ask My Pod to play a podcast you know (all the popular ones are included) or go to https://www.mypodapp.com and create a playlist. Then add some podcast links, audio or video streams or just upload your MP3’s straight to the website!
If you are having any problems or have a suggestion, please don’t just leave a bad review.
Contact us at: email@example.com so we can help to get it fixed for you and everybody else!
Some of the things you can ask My Pod:
- Alexa, ask my pod to play <a podcast name>.
- Alexa, ask my pod to play my <playlist name> playlist.
- Alexa, ask my pod to play <link name>.
- Alexa, ask my pod for the next link.
- Alexa, ask my pod to play the next playlist.
- Alexa, ask my pod for the previous link.
- Alexa, ask my pod to play the previous playlist.
- Alexa, ask my pod to play my <playlist name> playlist from the beginning.
- Alexa, ask my pod to skip forward 10 minutes.
- Alexa, ask my pod to go back 30 seconds.
As well as the usual audio player commands:
Play, Pause, Stop, Start Over.
My Pod will remember your place with each link, useful for longer audio such as podcasts and audio books.
A full list of voice commands can be found here:
More help and frequently asked questions and help can be found on our website:
This skill contains dynamic content, which is content that is updated real-time based on inputs from the developer. The maturity rating associated with this skill pertains only to the content of the skill at the time of the submission.
To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness.