It is a beautiful how-to-do-it book blended with a lavishly illustrated volume, especially created for people (young and not so young) who do not know much about mathematics and would like to learn a lot more.
* User-friendly format.
* Shows that mathematics can be beautiful, light-hearted, and fascinating.
* Substantial, accurate, well-researched, and mathematically solid content.
* The design enhances the communication of maths.
* 120 full colour photographs and 400 diagrams that tell the story and explain.
* 7 cartoons by American cartoonist, Randy Glasbergen.
* 14 poems that give an introduction to each of the chapters.
* 120 quotes give humorous, insightful or alternative views about mathematics.
* A practical course in line with international adult numeracy standards
* Clear explanations supported by well set out worked examples.
* More than 2200 graded practise questions to assist in skill development
* An encouraging 'anyone can do it' tone!