Other Sellers on Amazon
Follow the Authors
Master Expert: How to use Expertship to achieve peak performance, seniority and influence in a technical role Paperback – 11 August 2021
Enhance your purchase
Do you have a complex technical job, like a software developer, scientist, lawyer, engineer, policy writer, economist or medical researcher?
Master Expert is your guide to every business skill you need to succeed.
740 pages and 50 chapters of toolkits, ideas, checklists, and new processes to help you surmount every one of the challenges faced by senior technical specialists:
- How do I pitch my ideas to make sense commercially and strategically?
- How do I understand my organisation's commercial context?
- How do I prioritise and engage stakeholders?
- How do I recalibrate failing relationships?
- How do I coach and delegate, and make my expertise understood by non-technical colleagues?
- How do I manage upward, talk to boards, and convince doubters?
- How do I manage my energy, workload and priorities day to day?
- How do I get better at presenting, intelligence gathering and networking?
- How do I understand where my skills are weak, and how to plan to improve them?
Why Master Expert?
It's time technical specialists like yourself got the same deal as managers.
From the very first day a new manager starts work, they're given a LOT of help. A career ladder. Appraisals, Mentoring. Networking. Capability frameworks. Support, connections - they're trained to deal with whatever business problems come along.
Technical people don't get that kind of support. It's time they did. Master Expert details how to evaluate the performance of technical specialists, and includes a capability framework to understand your own, or your team's, progress toward Master Expert status.
The authors, Alistair Gordon and Dominic Johnson, have been coaching developers, scientists, lawyers, engineers, policy writers, economists, medical researchers and other technical specialists for close to ten years now, and this book distils everything they've learned.
Learn more at expertship.com
A Kickstarter "Project we love"
About the Author
Dominic Johnson is a master facilitator who has logged thousands of hours coaching experts and masterminding Expertship programs. With Alistair Gordon, he is the co-author of the two founding texts of Expertship, Master Expert and the Expertship Growth Guide, as well as the co-designer of the Expertship career growth processes described in each book. Find out more at www.expertship.com
- Publisher : Expertship Press (11 August 2021)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 744 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0645046639
- ISBN-13 : 978-0645046632
- Dimensions : 15.24 x 3.76 x 22.86 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 10,187 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the authors
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
The dialogue is easy to absorb and the style of the book is to give information not instructions. It has a strong theme of raising awareness and then responsibility in the reader to take action.
This book is unique in that it is authentically focussed on the agenda, goals and growth of growth of the technical specialist/expert.
The style is an intro to the model of expertship then has a comprehensive manual style guide in how to convert the theory into actions.