Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Marketing Strategy and Competitive Positioning Paperback – 10 November 2003
There is a newer edition of this item:
Enhance your purchase
From the Back Cover
"Hooley, Piercy and Saunders are to be congratulated for preparing a well-reasoned and well-written textbook on how marketing strategy can help companies use better targeting and differentiation to win their competitive battles."
Philip Kotler, Professor of Marketing, Kellogg School of Business
Marketing Strategy and Competitive Positioning, 3e
deals with the process of developing and implementing a marketing strategy. The third edition focuses on competitive positioning at the heart of marketing strategy and includes in-depth discussion of the processes used in marketing to achieve competitive advantage.
"True to its title, this third edition consolidates its distinctive position with its excellent balance between contemporary theory and practice"
Professor Rod Brodie, Department of Marketing, University of Auckland
New to This Edition
- Extensive updates throughout to include the latest thinking and research in marketing, together with new, up-to-date examples.
- More examples of International Marketing and Cross Cultural approaches and activities
- Extended cases with discussion questions at the end of each chapter
- Chapter 4 (The Changing Market Environment) explores the changes in the marketing environment facing organizations in the 21st century
- Chapter 18 (Competing Through E-Marketing) looks at the impact the Internet is having on marketing strategies and approaches
- Supplement Download Website. Visit http://booksites.net/hooley to access Power Point slides, teaching suggestions, answers to end of chapter questions, and further discussion cases (updated regularly).
"[This] has been the leading European textbook on Strategic Marketing over the last several years. The new edition reinforces that position. The book is a valuable asset for all marketing students as well as marketing practitioners."
Hans Mühlbacher, Department of Value-Process Management, University of Innsbruck, Austria
About the Authors:
Graham Hooley is Professor of Marketing at Aston Business School and Senior Pro-Vice Chancellor of Aston University. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing, the British Academy of Management and the RSA, and a member of the Institute of Learning and Teaching.
John Saunders is Professor of Marketing and the Head of Aston Business School. He is Past-President of the European Marketing Academy, a Fellow of the British Academy of Management and the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
Nigel F. Piercy is Professor of Strategic Marketing and Director of the
Cranfield Strategic Sales Research Consortium.
"This is a cutting-edge book with an important focus on marketing as a strategic force. The authors develop and apply a stimulating managerial framework for strategic marketing analysis and action."
David W. Cravens, Professor of Marketing, Texas Christian University
- Publisher : Financal Times Management; 3rd edition (10 November 2003)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 648 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0273655167
- ISBN-13 : 978-0273655169
- Dimensions : 17.15 x 3.18 x 22.86 cm
- Customer Reviews: