I am reading the Kindle version. My comments may not apply to the printed book.
This books makes some excellent points. It is obvious that the author has spent much time and thought exploring the topic of manipulation from very personal and professional perspectives. It has provided me with usable tools to protect myself in the future.It has given me more awareness of how insidious manipulation is in all of our lives. I have a friend who has recently suffered from the emotional and financial costs of being manipulated by a "nice" person. This book would have been very helpful to her.
This book has the potential to be very powerful. At this time it is not. Here are my recommendations:
1. Work closely with an editor. I consider this book to be just a first or second draft in need of editing for style and development of the ideas.
2. There is inconsistency in use of both sentence and paragraph structure and use of punctuation. This needs to be addressed and corrected.
3. Lack of clarity in some parts, forcing the reader to scratch their head in confusion. The author definitely needs to work with an editor.
4. The author needs to provide more concrete examples that would clarify and expand on the points he makes.
The problems I have listed are very distracting and may prevent me from completing my read. This book has the potential to become a best seller only after these changes have been made.
- Paperback: 72 pages
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (19 May 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1719344760
- ISBN-13: 978-1719344760
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 0.4 x 22.9 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 159 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item