Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Follow the Author
The Maleficent Seven Kindle Edition
The best device for reading, full stop. Learn more
- Publishers Weekly Coarse, crude, bloody, brutal, and utterly over-the-top...A go-big-or-go-home delight.
- Locus Fans of dark fantasy that enjoy gallows humor alongside over-the-top blood and gore action will find this group of misfits perfectly awful
- Booklist Like Joe Abercrombie was persuaded to write a Warhammer novel. It's dark and often brutal, but with a vein of intelligent playfulness running through...Cameron Johnston remains wickedly inventive...Soaring and magical, yet somehow very human and accessible
- Locus "A fun, thrilling, and bloody novel filled with interesting characters and a unique world...You'll be begging for more of Black Herran and the gang"
- Grimdark Magazine Like Kings of the Wyld smooshed together with Suicide Squad into a glorious, gory, sweary melee.
- Rob J Hayes, author of The Ties that Bind series A fun romp of a novel. Recommended.
- SFF World Like Joe Abercrombie was persuaded to write a Warhammer novel. It's dark and often brutal, but with a vein of intelligent playfulness running through... Cameron Johnston remains wickedly inventive... Soaring and magical, yet somehow very human and accessible.
- SFX "Johnston has flipped the magnificent seven samurai trope on its head in this snarky romp of a tale. Packed with heart and humour, The Maleficent Seven is dark, bloody, and the most fun I've had in ages."
- Devin Madson, author of We Ride the Storm --This text refers to the paperback edition.
About the Author
- ASIN : B08N6TX8LN
- Publisher : Angry Robot (10 August 2021)
- Language : English
- File size : 3582 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: 33,510 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
What happens when there are no heroes left to stand against a fanatical empire bent on domination through war and magical means? You take one pissed off old demonologist who won't bow down, add in her captains; a spiteful necromancer, a has-been war-god, an orc warrior mystified by humans, a snarky vampire, a badass pirate queen and a psychotic alchemist and unleash them on the enemy.
I've read alot of violent fantasy before, but even I gagged at some of the scenes in here. There's alot of gore and a little bit of horror which are extremely graphic. I just thought you might like to beware of that going in lol.
I love that these characters really are villains. They're not in this to save humanity, they each have their own selfish reasons from revenge to boredom for joining the fight. And they really loathe other so I had a blast just sitting back and watch plot against each other as well as the enemies.
I'm not sure who my favourite character is because they were all so entertaining. I loved Amogg's puzzlement at human behaviour, Tiarnach's crude humour and Lorimer's snark. So if you're in the mood for violent, bloody action and watching a group of monsters who are only out for themselves reap absolute chaos and carnage on everyone around them (and I mean everyone!) then I would highly recommend this.